• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the broguing on them, but I will say, in black, i LOVE them... I would have bought those in a heart beat, but now, since i am not crazy about the 5th Ave cap, I will be getting the Rutlidges instead... goddamn independence collection

Keep an eye out for the new Fall collection. That picture of the Harrison on the 3 last looks promising.

jjr4884

Reaction score
Yea the Harrisons look really nice as well, however is that going to be on the Independence collection, which means they are going to go for $445 or whatever they are.

If that is the case... idk. I love the Rutledges in black, however the Harrison will probably look even better... so my next 3

Rutledge in black, Neumora in brown, Harrison in walnut

or

Rutledge in burnished walnut, Neumora in brown, Harrison or Park in black since there is very little noticeable difference as of right now

hmm

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yea the Harrisons look really nice as well, however is that going to be on the Independence collection, which means they are going to go for $445 or whatever they are. 

If that is the case... idk.  I love the Rutledges in black, however the Harrison will probably look even better... so my next 3

Rutledge in black, Neumora in brown, Harrison in walnut

or

Rutledge in burnished walnut, Neumora in brown, Harrison or Park in black since there is very little noticeable difference as of right now

hmm

I like your second color options better, the Harrison in black FTW... :slayer:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like your second color options better, the Harrison in black FTW... :slayer:

+1. I like the burnishing on the walnut Rutledge. Also, the Independence line now sells for $475. Not sure I would pick that over C&J.

horsey shoes

Reaction score
You may still be able to find the Hale in black at places like the Nordstrom Rack... I was at the one in Dallas over the weekend and they had the Hale in both black and in chili... pricing was about $200.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
Hey guys, how accurate have you all found the PDF for the fitting guide in predicting your size?
Pretty inaccurate. Even after sizing with a Brannock device (both nordstrom and a-e associates have measured me), i had to go a whole size lower on the PA/5 last shoes. your feet are whatever size fits for the last in question. if you can, take advantage of free shipping both ways.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like this new dark brown wax infused leather on the McTavish. Just ordered a pair.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really like this new dark brown wax infused leather on the McTavish. Just ordered a pair.

My local menswear / shoe store has a pair coming for me. I agee - the dark brown looks great on that style.

Chris

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What items do you use to take care of your AE shoes? They're my first proper pair of dress shoes.

Congratulations on your new shoes.

I always put some AE cleaner / conditioner on the shoes before wearing them. Then I use the AE carnauba polish as needed. I also use the AE cleaner / conditioner every so often to keep the leather soft.

Alway use shoe trees - if your foot is not in your shoes, cedar shoe trees should be. Also, wipe off or brush your shoes after each wearing to keep them looking nice.

Chris

jjr4884

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new shoes.
I always put some AE cleaner / conditioner on the shoes before wearing them. Then I use the AE carnauba polish as needed. I also use the AE cleaner / conditioner every so often to keep the leather soft.
Alway use shoe trees - if your foot is not in your shoes, cedar shoe trees should be. Also, wipe off or brush your shoes after each wearing to keep them looking nice.
Chris

Over the last several months, I have accumulated the following...

Split toe cedar trees for every pair I have (4)
One (dirty) horsehair brush for my calf shoes
One (clean) horsehair brush for each color of my calf shoes, I have one for Walnut and one for Merlot... I use these to brush throughout the polishing process.
One dirty and clean brush each for my cordovan.
One dauber for cordovan
One dauber for calf (a good rinse with warm water after each use is good, however I'll probably end up getting a few more per color)
A crapload of their clothes, for $2.00 a piece you can't beat them
Various polishes for each color, conditioner, natural heel and sole dressing, and then chili and dark brown sole dressing.

Need to get some more brushes (for my black shoes) and also will probably get some saddle soap for my Neumoks at some point down the road.

Will evenually get Saphir for my cordovans... I am going to spend a couple hours on mine one day with the dark brown polish that I have and see what kind of luster I can get out of applying multiple thin layers and giving them a proper spit shine. I am still not 100% happy with AE's finish on cordovan, so I am sure with enough elbow grease and patience, I can really get some depth out of my strands.

Random question... AE website shoes "brown" for the cordovan cream, however mine is "dark brown." Does anyone have just brown? If anything, I would actually like to lighten up my cordovans a tiny bit if there is such thing as just regular brown.

nicedream

Reaction score
I've been following this thread for months, and I don't think anyone has posted this. It looks like AE has introduced the ability to choose a different sole when purchasing on the website, for an extra $50. Right now it seems to be only available for the Park Ave.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been following this thread for months, and I don't think anyone has posted this. It looks like AE has introduced the ability to choose a different sole when purchasing on the website, for an extra $50. Right now it seems to be only available for the Park Ave.

Hmm wish I saw this before I bought them...I actually just dropped my strands and PAs off to the cobler today to have sole guards put on them...78 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads