• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taxi vs. driving drunk

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear gents,

on my way home from the city the cab driver told me that most of the young people now a days don't use a cab to get home after getting wasted at a bar or club. They rather use their own car to save money and get to the next club.

For me it's clear that if I have the money for dinner and the bar afterwards, I have the money to take a cab and leave my car at the car park.

What's your point of view?

On a subnote, I will kill the barkeeper next week as I ordered 4 drinks and only got twice what I ordered tonight.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Taxi, without a doubt. Anything else is just stupid, IMO. Or try to drink within walking distance of your home.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A DUI is a good way to **** up your life for a while. Cabs FTW.

bankboss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278

exactly.

Ive seen too many friends, FORMER co-workers, etc. lose too much on a bad decision on a Saturday Night out drinking.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taxi Taxi Taxi.

A friend of mine got a DUI and lost driving privileges. One night he took his bicycle to a bar about a mile from his home. Riding back on his bike he got pulled over by a cop and issued another ticked for a misdemeanor riding a bike while drunk.

Lesson: Taxi or walk

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
City/Suburban life has perks, does it not?

r...

Reaction score
Its cool as long as you cover one eye to keep from seeing double. Those 15 bucks on cab fare add up.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278

It's OK to **** up your own life, but to hurt other people with your stupid choice is just inexcusable.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taxis are kinda hard in LA.

On the 4th I did taxis, spent about $25 bucks to the bars and back...usually I just have 2 drinks if I'm driving, I can control myself now. Its actually cheaper if I get loaded at home, then get a cab and not spend when I'm out at the bar.

Minkous

Reaction score
When i go out with my friends we always have to take someone to be the Designated Driver because we live about 30mins from the city where all the decent bars/clubs are. A cab ride would cost a fortune, and if we dont have a D.D. then whoever drank the least gets a few hours to sober up before he drives us home (usually one of us will only have like 2 beers).

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
LA blows for drinking/driving in general. Like Xericx said, getting a cab just isn't an option save for a few parts of town where cabs have a permanent presence (Hermosa, WeHo... Santa Monica, maybe?) You're either going to a friend's place that's close to a bar or you hop in one car while someone DDs.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
It's OK to **** up your own life, but to hurt other people with your stupid choice is just inexcusable.

I take it you've never talked on a cell phone while driving?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't ever want to get a DUI. That said, I have this problem with the fact I could be over the legal limit, and abso-damn-lutley drive better than the 88 year old woman that drove into the wall of my business three weeks ago.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I don't ever want to get a DUI. That said, I have this problem with the fact I could be over the legal limit, and abso-damn-lutley drive better than the 88 year old woman that drove into the wall of my business three weeks ago.

That's a whole other topic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics