or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread - Page 3374

post #50596 of 57686

 

Epaulet jacket last night during dinner.

post #50597 of 57686

The fact that all other sizes are still in stock 2 hours later and I've seen 4 people interested in size 7.5 is killing me. I am sure they have statistics and a basis for starting at size 8, but arg >.<

post #50598 of 57686

Has anyone bought and worn in the combat boots yet? Clearly they have sold well, since the black is sold out, but haven't seen any pics from this crowd.

post #50599 of 57686
So I bought a pair of Aldens a long time ago, didnt care much for them due to fit, now see the Alt Weins and somehow have started to show some interest.

I also had like 10 pairs of shell shoes/boots and sold all but 1. So pitch to me why or why not I should have them.
post #50600 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

So I bought a pair of Aldens a long time ago, didnt care much for them due to fit, now see the Alt Weins and somehow have started to show some interest.

I also had like 10 pairs of shell shoes/boots and sold all but 1. So pitch to me why or why not I should have them.

 

#8 shell will carry you through your CM Casual/SWD aesthetic, as well as more casual OJ/trousers looks seamlessly (welt is dark enough IMO). I could see these Alt Weins look pretty awesome when paired with your leather jacket and smart casual trousers as well. And denim. And....

post #50601 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

 

#8 shell will carry you through your CM Casual/SWD aesthetic, as well as more casual OJ/trousers looks seamlessly (welt is dark enough IMO). I could see these Alt Weins look pretty awesome when paired with your leather jacket and smart casual trousers as well. And denim. And....

:fonz:

post #50602 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

So I bought a pair of Aldens a long time ago, didnt care much for them due to fit, now see the Alt Weins and somehow have started to show some interest.

I also had like 10 pairs of shell shoes/boots and sold all but 1. So pitch to me why or why not I should have them.

 

Have you had the Barrie last, and does it fit?  Thats all the matters, or it will end up like your other 9 shells.   The shoe itself is the best Alden #8 makeup "shoe" of all time...  Just look at those things.. Damn!

post #50603 of 57686
I think JK is going to break. Too many enablers.
post #50604 of 57686
Can confirm that I'd be all over that size 11 had we not had the Southwick EFF earlier this month. Wow, that shoe is gorgeous.
post #50605 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefenceposts View Post

Has anyone bought and worn in the combat boots yet? Clearly they have sold well, since the black is sold out, but haven't seen any pics from this crowd.

Not sure if it'll get more fit pics of them showing up in this thread (or if someone else already mentioned it), but shout-out from GQ yesterday: http://www.gq.com/story/combat-boots-with-a-suit-winter-style
post #50606 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Not sure if it'll get more fit pics of them showing up in this thread (or if someone else already mentioned it), but shout-out from GQ yesterday: http://www.gq.com/story/combat-boots-with-a-suit-winter-style

Nice piece for Epaulet!

I do not care to imagine where/by whom those $80 boots were made.

And I'd think the answer to the headline is to get your L Paul Bremer on.
post #50607 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post


Nice piece for Epaulet!

I do not care to imagine where/by whom those $80 boots were made.

And I'd think the answer to the headline is to get your L Paul Bremer on.

 

Those are disposable, one season and throw them away..

post #50608 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

Those are disposable, one season and throw them away..
$80 boot commentary (Click to show)
Absolutely, and I can't imagine they are comfortable.

I was also thinking about how the kind of work conditions that produce $80 combat boots. I have a hard time understanding how these can be the product of responsible manufacturing.

But I don't want to derail the thread: Let's talk about Epaulet combats! There ought to be some tough photos of them out there from this storm. And I'd think those Calgary boots would do well too, though maybe the leather sole isn't prime for serious ice and snow.

Just had my Calgary bluchers on today.
post #50609 of 57686
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

So I bought a pair of Aldens a long time ago, didnt care much for them due to fit, now see the Alt Weins and somehow have started to show some interest.

I also had like 10 pairs of shell shoes/boots and sold all but 1. So pitch to me why or why not I should have them.

Honestly, if you're not enthusiastic about them already, wait a day to give a chance to someone who has been waiting months or years for them. This shoe is the jack of all trades IMO in terms of function, formality, and pairing.

post #50610 of 57686
@Epaulet

Re: Artisan collar...

Love it. So, it's not quite a cutaway (can be worn without tie?) and its points tuck nicely behind most jacket lapels?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread