• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seriously.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I don't think anyone was taking away the authenticity of his sales, but then again, I can't speak to the authenticity of his merchandise.

They were pointing out that he was cheating the SF system by asking questions and answering them every now and then to keep his thread toward the top of the list to get more views.

You may or may not be scammed. If he is selling authentic stuff and you got it for a good price, then there is no scam. But i would be weary of doing business with someone who would knowingly and willfully break the rules of the establishment he is doing business in.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Try mixing in peanut butter

Kinda defeats the purpose. I assume there's a reason he's eating fat-free cottage cheese.
Originally Posted by RJman
Iammatt outed me as both Manton and Artisan Fan once.
Someone (I honestly forget who) sent me PMs explaining that he'd figured out I was Vaclava.
Originally Posted by timeless
Excuse my ignorance (I'm "technologically challenged") but if I just ordered a similar suit from fredrik80 last week am I to assume that I've been scammed?

I wouldn't assume that, as long as you knew what you were buying. This seems more a case of trying to talk up the desirability of the product than necessarily and out-and-out scam. But I'd do some due diligence. Did you pay using a method that provides you some protection? Do you have a tracking number? Etc.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I don't think anyone was taking away the authenticity of his sales, but then again, I can't speak to the authenticity of his merchandise.

They were pointing out that he was cheating the SF system by asking questions and answering them every now and then to keep his thread toward the top of the list to get more views.

You may or may not be scammed. If he is selling authentic stuff and you got it for a good price, then there is no scam. But i would be weary of doing business with someone who would knowingly and willfully break the rules of the establishment he is doing business in.

Well, I think the real problem wasn't the bumping but the shilling. That takes away from the transparency--or whatever transparency there is--in the process.

Also, I don't think it's quite right to say that as long as he got it for a good price, he wasn't scammed. The more accurate thing to say, IMO, would be to say that if he wouldn't have bought it but for the shilling, good price or not, then there is something less-than-kosher about the sale, even if it wasn't an outright "scam."

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Kinda defeats the purpose. I assume there's a reason he's eating fat-free cottage cheese.
Not trying to turn this into a health freak haven, but Jon must be eating it for the protein (which is more abundant in the fat free version than say, 4%). Peanut butter in moderation is perfectly healthy / BB friendly. Besides, most people I know think all cottage cheese taste gross.

Excuse my ignorance (I'm "technologically challenged") but if I just ordered a similar suit from fredrik80 last week am I to assume that I've been scammed?
Not necessarily, I will wait another few days before taking actions (through PayPal). Unless he was selling the same suit.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Not trying to turn this into a health freak haven, but Jon must be eating it for the protein (which is more abundant in the fat free version than say, 4%). Peanut butter in moderation is perfectly healthy / BB friendly.

I hear you. I just assumed that when people eat fat-free cottage cheese, they're doing so because they want the protein and no fat. Personally, I'd rather just eat peanut butter.

Mr T

Reaction score
I have nothing of value to add to this thread.

But at least I am really me.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not trying to turn this into a health freak haven, but Jon must be eating it for the protein (which is more abundant in the fat free version than say, 4%). Peanut butter in moderation is perfectly healthy / BB friendly. Besides, most people I know think all cottage cheese taste gross.

Bingo.

Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

No way, try it with Lawry's seasoned salt. Killer.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I hear you. I just assumed that when people eat fat-free cottage cheese, they're doing so because they want the protein and no fat. Personally, I'd rather just eat peanut butter.

I'd rather be obese than eat cottage cheese every day.

Thats why I buy 100% casein protein and make milk shakes before bed. All the casein protein and none of the horrific taste of cottage cheese.
smile.gif

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
I think lawyerdad and j are the same person....

No way, I could never be that cool and handsome!

lawyerdad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
And there's no way J could be that much a brown-noser
tongue.gif

Exactly. He's the best.

That was my lame attempt to echo the "dude, that's a great suit you've posted" crap that inspired this thread.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Don't know about that but whatever you do, do not buy any merchandise from dokelroth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads