• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seriously.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Thanks for looking out for us J. Deception like this makes me sick.

very true. good looking out

Originally Posted by skalogre
Only way this would be better is if he got in to an argument with himself over the price.

Seriously.

rotflmao.gif

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sock puppets can be so entertaining.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only way this would be better is if he got in to an argument with himself over the price.

Seriously.

That's actually an awesome idea! I think I am going to do that on my next sales thread, I'll start 3-4 different accounts. I'll have one guy complain about the price, and then another guy tell him to STFU and then a third guy complaining about a previous purchase and calling me a prick and then a fourth guy talking about how the item is a steal and I'm a great seller.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
That's actually an awesome idea! I think I am going to do that on my next sales thread, I'll start 3-4 different accounts. I'll have one guy complain about the price, and then another guy tell him to STFU and then a third guy complaining about a previous purchase and calling me a prick and then a fourth guy talking about how the item is a steal and I'm a great seller.

I'll tell you to STFU and save you the trouble of making another account. Hell, I'll even call you a prick, but only cause we're friends, and I'm a giver.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't care if people want to make different identities to talk to themselves. Just not in B&S.

Really. It's just embarrassing for me. If you aren't positive that you are higher tech than like 98% of people, just don't try. I've been kind of light-grey-hat for going on 15-16 years now. You should just assume the same about any website owner. And this is some seriously remedial effort.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
God, I thought there was no way to make the fat-free cottage cheese that I'm eating enjoyable, but I've been proved wrong!

Originally Posted by macuser3of5
hahahah excellent

+2

Seriously.

crackup[1].gif

Originally Posted by taxgenius69
lurker[1].gif
I love the tags too!

+1

Originally Posted by FIHTies
Jonathan. I knew it all along. I told you to watch that J guy, he is a snake in the grass.

Nice.

Jon.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rotflmao.gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this is not the case but I have to point out one possibility. If these people are posting within the same company network, they'll appear to be from the same IP. For example, my friend and I both post to Fatwallet and if the admins decided to crackdown, they might accuse us of being the same person because of the IP address. But we're not. And it's perfectly reasoable for us to to comment on each other's posts.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I don't care if people want to make different identities to talk to themselves. Just not in B&S.

Really. It's just embarrassing for me. If you aren't positive that you are higher tech than like 98% of people, just don't try. I've been kind of light-grey-hat for going on 15-16 years now. You should just assume the same about any website owner. And this is some seriously remedial effort.

Yeah, it would have been easier to remotely log in to another computer that's using a diff IP address and post from there.

Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I am pretty sure this is not the case but I have to point out one possibility. If these people are posting within the same company network, they'll appear to be from the same IP. For example, my friend and I both post to Fatwallet and if the admins decided to crackdown, they might accuse us of being the same person because of the IP address. But we're not. And it's perfectly reasoable for us to to comment on each other's posts.
Yeah, but are you doing it to avoid a rule about not bumping? If you're in the same building, there's no reason to ask in the thread. (In our case.)

BTW, it's not just the IP, but that's all I'm going to show people.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could this become the most popular thread in B&S?!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads