• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Sartorialist

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
The pictures make this look like a Douchebags Anonymous meeting.
And people wonder why Sart has to moderate comments on his blog.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
And people wonder why Sart has to moderate comments on his blog.

While I have no issues with the bottom two pics, the first two guys are marsupialed. Two grown men dressed exactly alike is creepy. If they are related its creepy, if they are not related, it's very creepy.

Sart looks fine, the guy is working and most people in his profession (or any profession for that matter) do not dress anywhere as good as he does. His head is too big and all that other stuff is stupid. The pants are not to my taste but whatever. Also, to me it seems like he was posing for the pic so if he knew he was being photographed and was fine with it, then he is open game for the comments posted.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara

0003h.jpg

That's Michael Bastian and his PR girl Eugiena.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not blown away, but he doesn't look awful either. Remember that he's running around taking pictures; you shouldn't expect him to be wearing his finest.

But so long as we're nitpicking, I agree that his jacket and pants could fit better. I bet the jacket could stand to be just a little longer, with a lower button stance (perhaps more important). The pants obviously don't drape well and seem a little short--but again, they are probably just a comfortable RTW pair that he can run around in.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
This Thread was meant to drive up the hit counts on your blog, no more. I really would not mind so much if you posted and added value while driving up readership to your blog, but the negative way you have done this will keep me from bookmarking your blog.
Originally Posted by thefashionist
I do dress better than the sart...next time I will show you my pictures...
While you are at it, learn how to shoot with a cleaner back ground, and post the pic here, not a link that is designed to, as this entire thread is, to drive up the hit count on your blog.
im349original2eg6.jpg

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Judging the fit of his pants off that pic is near impossible - he has his hand in his pocket, both hems are caught on his shoes and he is mid-movement. I think everyone forgets that a picture is just a fraction of a second in time, and real people don't stand around posing like mannequins 24/7.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate charcoal pants and blue jackets together. So doormanny.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
learn how to shoot with a cleaner back ground, and post the pic here, not a link that is designed to, as this entire thread is, to drive up the hit count on your blog.

Z, I believe that Scott posted links sans photos in his latter days on SF/AAAC, before he abandoned the MB's altogether. And it's my recollection that he rarely, if ever, participated in any discussions outside of his own threads.

As for photo quality, I defer to your superior knowledge of composition but isn't it to Sart's distinct advantage that many of his subjects are amenable to poseing for shots, making composition much less problematic?

Personally, I see little difference between Fash and Sart, except that Fash wants to post here .

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
While I have no issues with the bottom two pics, the first two guys are marsupialed. Two grown men dressed exactly alike is creepy.
0002h268e7bmu9.jpg

I agree - they look silly! Didn't look good when they were 10, either:
51npcxdqvslss50025581efd5.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
What does this mean?

Every time I visit The Sartorialist blog, I noticed he only posts pictures of his face. From what I saw, I always assumed he was tall. Instead, he's got this big head that looks disproportionate to the rest of his body. His face pics were very misleading is all.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact is, I have yet to see a photo by thefashionist that I like. They are always shot too low, too close and with lousy backgrounds. You know, its not THAT hard to get those three things right. Plenty of photographers do it well, including the Satorialist.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Tomasso,

You are dead on in your recollection of Scott's early days.
SF and AAAC were his first boost. I am not a Scott groupie by any means, Scott blows a shot often too, recently he had a killer picture (from Paris I believe) that was wasted in the little details. He is not a photographer yet, he is a man following his dream.

At least he never (in my recollection) tried to chop anyone else down with a cheap shot. He was getting out of retail, out of work, and turned his dream in to reality by working his ass off and making it happen.

I think he was nuts to list at 1.2 k for a print when you can buy Sally Mann or John Sexton for less, but hey, I am not a marketing guy, so maybe I am the one who is nuts.

It is almost 3am here, I hope this post makes sense,

a demain!

Originally Posted by Tomasso
Z, I believe that Scott posted links sans photos in his latter days on SF/AAAC, before he abandoned the MB's altogether. And it's my recollection that he rarely, if ever, participated in any discussions outside of his own threads.

As for photo quality, I defer to your superior knowledge of composition but isn't it to Sart's distinct advantage that many of his subjects are amenable to poseing for shots, making composition much less problematic?

Personally, I see little difference between Fash and Sart, except that Fash wants to post here .

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
I hope this post makes sense
I just wish that it was you who stumbled upon Scott's gig.
blush.gif

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Actually,
the problem is the rise of the pant. The crotch is too low, there is way too much middle between the crotch and the top button.

He might have a big slong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads