• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 08

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone asked how the EG tapered jeans fit, and seeing as I just got mine from peasant yesterday (amazing service as usual), i'll post a ****** fit pic. Excuse the picture of my junk

2217412423_0547f5baa8.jpg
2218199894_f920e5d731.jpg

I wanted to take more detailed pics, but haven't had time. The detailing is great, felled inseams, lined waist and back yoke, half lined pockets, lined hem (can kind of see the red in the pics), my gripes are the belt loops seem a bit flimsy (really thin), weight of denim is VERY light, possibly my lightest pair, i'd say maybe 10-12oz, and no chainstitch hem.

But the fit is great, I had the opportunity to try these on at American rag in LA last month, so i knew what i was getting, but they run a size small. can't beat the $76 price tag though.

Thanks karissa!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ The fit looks great. I'd already have a pair if they were made with longer inseams.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
Hint....... Knity Bedford. That's all I'm allowed to say. If that! Say What! I'll probably get shot.
I like the sound of it already, but I hope you don't get into any trouble.
laugh.gif

Cali

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
...weight of denim is VERY light, possibly my lightest pair, i'd say maybe 10-12oz, and no chainstitch hem.

Denim is 8oz from Cone Mills. White Oak I believe. I just wish they weren't so slim. If you are going to make a lightweight summer pair or jeans why not use your (wider) straight leg cut?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome, i was going to say 9oz, but didn't want to undershoot it. 8oz seems right though, they're the thinnest pair of jeans i own. Its great to know these are cone, actually my first pair (minus the rag&bone i had for a week) of all american made jeans i've owned in like at least 5 years since levi's moved production overseas. can't wait to try these on and see what they fade like seeing it's cone/white oak denim, some of the best in the world

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great fit poly!!

but those aren't the light weight summer jeans right? didn't you get the discounted ones from f/w? I'm pretty sure peasant said those are 12 oz. but they've taken the description down since they sold out. wouldn't it be weird to make fall/winter jeans at 8 oz? maybe not.

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
they run a size small. can't beat the $76 price tag though.

By a size, you mean the 30 and 36 they have left would fit like a 29 and a 35 respectively?

If so ... I'd either have to loose or gain a lot of weight ... probably easier to gain.

What size did you buy and what size did they measure?

Edit:
Nevermind ... I see you bought a 30, and they probably measured 29.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
great fit poly!!

but those aren't the light weight summer jeans right? didn't you get the discounted ones from f/w? I'm pretty sure peasant said those are 12 oz. but they've taken the description down since they sold out. wouldn't it be weird to make fall/winter jeans at 8 oz? maybe not.

they are the f/w version, they don't feel like 12oz.

Originally Posted by velobran
By a size, you mean the 30 and 36 they have left would fit like a 29 and a 35 respectively?

If so ... I'd either have to loose or gain a lot of weight ... probably easier to gain.

What size did you buy and what size did they measure?

Edit:
Nevermind ... I see you bought a 30, and they probably measured 29.

teacha.gif

Originally Posted by wiru
the jeans look great. are they raw? one wash?

one wash

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
Poly- the jeans look great on your junk..uh..I means legs. Seriously nice fit; thanks for posting. The pair you have are indeed a 12oz selvage denim. The 8oz. is crazy light; almost a shirting weight. Very breathable for the summer. The red head guy in the GQ pic is wearing the summer weight.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeasantLLC
Poly- the jeans look great on your junk..uh..I means legs. Seriously nice fit; thanks for posting. The pair you have are indeed a 12oz selvage denim. The 8oz. is crazy light; almost a shirting weight. Very breathable for the summer. The red head guy in the GQ pic is wearing the summer weight.

8 ounce is essentially a chambray, for those who want something to compare that with. Very, very, light. I never wear anything that light. It makes me afraid to take reasonably sized strides. I like my denim 13 ounces and up. The EG jeans are nice though
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads