• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Louis Vuitton Shirt

raphael

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
Wow... the "hater" factor on this thread is through the roof. LVoer wanted to talk about an LV shirt he liked, and almost every respondent wanted to start a catfight over it to try and prove their tastes superior. That's super lame.

I don't own anything LV, I've been inside a few LV stores, and probably walked right past the shirts without noticing. It's not my cup of tea, but why dog-pile on someone else for liking it? People keep trying to throw barbs at him for LV stuff having prominent logos, but most of their clothes don't have any visible logos on it, unless you're buying a fake.

And who is that grammar-nazi that keeps attacking people's posts?

If you like it, enjoy the shirt in good health. I do think those mainstream designer labels make very nice shapes and silhouettes for their clothing and shoes. One thing I definitely don't like about designer clothing, however, is that they put their logo all over the place.

There's nothing subtle about wearing a label on the outside.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one here likes Armani.

Popularized brands here are not indie; Kiton and Brioni for instance are two very well known brands worn by celebrities of all kinds (Donald Trump, James Bond, various politicians, etc.).

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
No one here likes Armani.

Popularized brands here are not indie; Kiton and Brioni for instance are two very well known brands worn by celebrities of all kinds (Donald Trump, James Bond, various politicians, etc.).

I like Armani - but then I'm not buying it for life, I just like the way it fits OTR after years of MTM Brioni/Corneliani/Carusso..

& I'm even brave enough to post pictures (not even editing my face) of me in WAYWT..

tanalasta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
I like Armani - but then I'm not buying it for life, I just like the way it fits OTR after years of MTM Brioni/Corneliani/Carusso..

I like Armani cuts and agree it fits some people very well OTR, especially the slimmer guys. Although the more trendy casual shirts are cut quite well, I can't say the quality does Armani justice, especially at Armani prices. Made in India, crappy cotton, buttons that are not sewn on very well (I've had to resew at least two buttons on one shirt and I don't wear it very often at all) and so forth.

I would not buy an Armani business shirt.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tanalasta
I like Armani cuts and agree it fits some people very well OTR, especially the slimmer guys. Although the more trendy casual shirts are cut quite well, I can't say the quality does Armani justice, especially at Armani prices. Made in India, crappy cotton, buttons that are not sewn on very well (I've had to resew at least two buttons on one shirt and I don't wear it very often at all) and so forth.

I would not buy an Armani business shirt.

Interesting I have never known any GA stuff to be made in India? Maybe the AX shite.. But then I try & stick to Black Label & the odd white label.. & I should have also mentioned that I am a serial offender as I have over the last few months archived all my suits for Black Label GA suits - though the majority of my shirts are bespoke.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
westSideStory.jpg

The SF Gang: Real Bad Mofo's.
plain.gif

I know that's supposed to be ironic... but it's so accurate, it's scary.
crackup[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I know that's supposed to be ironic... but it's so accurate, it's scary.
crackup[1].gif

That's not irony. That was an early WAYWN picture. (L to R: Connemara, SoCal, Edmorel)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads