• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
iTunes Playing: The Horned Goddess by The Sword from the record Age Of Winters

Unknown sweater from American Rag
Acne Max Cash
Carpe Diem

This is excellent, I love washed out colour schemes like this.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Nicholas K winter jacket
Smedley sweater
Nudie RRDS
Isaia scarf
RL gloves
Mantellassi boots
IWC Big Pilot on black 22/22 Pre-V strap

First of all: omg, what happened to your face?

Second, I like the pieces together, except for the boots with the boots. imo, sleek boots like that (and they are nice) require jeans with a smaller hem, unless you have Shaq feet. I think that jeans with a bigger hem call for chunkier footwear. I prefer Nike Blazers or light colored Chucks, which are not really chunky but contrast and stand out from the larger hem. But if you are not into this, or are smarting from getting criticism from your Nike's from last time, something like Redwings would work as well. Redwings would also work well here with the outdoorsy feel of the Nicholas K jacket.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
(Last night)
The Apollo Circle Young Friends of the Met Benefit
"Black Tie & Camera Ready"
Jil Sander peacoat
Lanvin jacket
Jil Sander shirt
Lanvin bowtie
Martin Margiela pants
Lanvin loafers
met1.jpg

tah dah!
met4.jpg

met2.jpg

While not the highest of NY society I was really let down by the amount of rented tuxes with matching brocade vests and bowties that were in attendance.

I'm an absolute fan of mixing navy with black and while I don't wear side stripes those pants are rocking (MM lÃ
00a9.png
gionnaire?), however those shoes (as most of Lanvin's footwear) is horrible looking, please burn them and get something else, your wardrobe will improve tremendously.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
I'm an absolute fan of mixing navy with black and while I don't wear side stripes those pants are rocking (MM lÃ
00a9.png
gionnaire?), however those shoes (as most of Lanvin's footwear) is horrible looking, please burn them and get something else, your wardrobe will improve tremendously.

I think that the shoes are pretty horrible as well.

That aside, while I like the individual pieces here, there is something a little off about the proportions. You said that you are a size 50-52EU, right? From the side picture, I'd say that that is a rather generous 52Eu. And you look like you have skinny legs. It may just be the camera angle, but the proportions are not flattering. You do not look thin enough to pull off the asymmetric oversized jacket, slim pants look, and although the jacket is rather fitted around the torso, it looks to be fairly long in the sleeve and the hem, giving it an oversized (or maybe just overlong) appearance. While that may be have been well balanced with some full cut pants, the slim trousers combined with no break look very unbalanced. The shoes complete this effect:

I know that Thom Browne. and the shrunken effect are very popular in some NYC circles right now, and that the influence is trickling down to contemporary these days, but I really think that some of your pre-Thom outfits are much better.

I assume that you are going to take this the wrong way, but I gotta try, right?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^
I was going to say a variation on the same thing earlier. Those pants are just too slim for the jacket. Also, the very low button stance exaggerates the issues with the sleeve length.

I don't mind the shoes so much, just not with this outfit. I think I can respect a man with the stones to wear red patent loafers. I'd prefer them with slim denim.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I will convert everyone here to fine watches !

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

My mission will be accomplished only when aportnoy "gets into" fine watches and transforms his home into an Antiquorum showroom
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GS - a few more pics for you...

It's working, dude. I had no interest in watches a few weeks ago, but now I find myself looking at Stowa's and Poljot's and looking at watchbuys.com. I've googled the last few watches you've posted and I've gotta say, whoa (in my Keanu voice). You've got some serious machinery in your collection.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
^^^
I was going to say a variation on the same thing earlier. Those pants are just too slim for the jacket. Also, the very low button stance exaggerates the issues with the sleeve length.

I'll hop on the bandwagon here and agree, but, to be fair, I never really like how this dude dresses. I'm going to assume it's the uber-hip style in NY and LA these days, and this uncultured midwesterner just doesn't get it.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Oh, and those are 3 killer jackets from berlin, soph, and gdl. We had a nice little outerwear page for ourselves, there.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cloudhands69
Extremely stoned in this pic:
11-07-07.jpg

This looks great. The contrast with the denim jacket and brown chords work very well with the yellow tee and the green shoes. A+

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
^^^ Not sure who you're talking about, but I was just thinking that Berlin always looks so perfectly natural in all of his pictures, both in his facial expressions and his postures. I like Soph's postures as well, in terms of seeing how the clothes look and fit. It's cool that Sauce takes all those action shots, but most of us lack the ninja skills to do that kind of thing in public without risking a beatdown or other humiliation.
I was quoting lawyerdad because shortly after posting about a drink that I made(Gold Coast) and then drinking several, I posted a meandering drunken post about Rye's style, and LD picked up on it, made a play on words and posted it in this thread. I agree about all the pics above, all though I don't understand why Soph insists onstanding out of the focal length of his lens. Sauce, do you find deserted streets or do you just deal with the strange looks?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I will convert everyone here to fine watches !

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

you really are a bastard!!

I just noticed how cool the IWC crown is.

Baron and I will hunt you down if you infect us with the watch-bug.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
I was quoting lawyerdad because shortly after posting about a drink that I made(Gold Coast) and then drinking several, I posted a meandering drunken post about Rye's style, and LD picked up on it, made a play on words and posted it in this thread.

I agree about all the pics above, all though I don't understand why Soph insists onstanding out of the focal length of his lens.

Sauce, do you find deserted streets or do you just deal with the strange looks?

Guys, people simply don't care if they see you taking a pic of yourself. It won't even register in their self-absorbed brains. Even if they did see you doing it, they still won't give a ****.

Who cares what other people on the street think anyway?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^ (pointing at Augusto)
I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding to Bridgen.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Now I am both creeped out and understand why you're a lawyer. Your attention to detail and ability to remember things cross-contextually is uncanny!!!
alien.gif

Ha, thanks I think. It may say more about my ADD tendencies than anything else. Having a highly (free)associative way of thinking is sometimes helpful, sometimes not so much. Plus, I do most of my sf-reading through the "new posts" filter rather than topic-by-topic, so I read your Gold Coast post no more than 10 minutes before I posted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads