• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Talk about a mild mannered dude. I have to assume he was inadvertently caught in an IP address dragnet.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, mack is one of the least offensive persons that posts on SF. Wonder what happened here.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Mack11211 seems to have been banned, but says he doesn't know why.

I once got exactly the same message for a couple hours when trying to log on. I sent a message asking what was up and it was fixed right away. the whole "Date ban will be lifted: never" part is more than a little jarring, what with its fatalistic absolutist tone. "Never!"

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Talk about a mild mannered dude. I have to assume he was inadvertently caught in an IP address dragnet.

And he's back!

Slammin and spammin in the BK,

mack11211

PS: What is the "IP address dragnet"?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
ya, sorry about that....neither Fok or I knew anything of it, so suspected technical accident (unless you inadvertantly mortified the J-Man, in which case he and Slim will come a-gunnin any day now).

Re IP dragnet, that is my guess too. When we hit the spam trigger, it gives us a list of people using the same IP and kills them all. Normally its like cheapviagara4u previously was registered as cheappharma4u etc....Im guessing you came up with a matching IP for whatever reason (presumably from your side business selling fake sneakers from your factory in China) and killed you in the process.

Sorry again.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
I couldn't disagree with your more. It was misogynistic and ugly.

Yes, but your opinion has already been pre-dismissed as someone who "choose to base [his] conception of masculinity in terms of [your] perceived opinion of what outside women think of [you]. Only aybojs can think independently. See how clever that is?
wow.gif

It must be all think worrying about what outside women (I guess that means women from, say, the North Face catalog rather than the Victoria Secret catalog) that keeps you from scoring more chicks, philosophe.
wink.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I think I can speak for everyone when I say it's about time. I never could stand the son of a...

What? He's back. Oh. Missed ya buddy!
smile.gif

I for one welcome our new ant overlords...

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Spoilt asparagus begins to stink after a while.

Very strange. My cat was an asparagus fran. I always saved 2 or 3 spears for her and she'd eat them all. I'd have given her more if it's not for the...

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been getting repeated requests to approve the certificate for this site. Seems to somehow be related to Google when i opened the certificate. (???)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that thread got dumped. The conversation was pretty damn civilized - not sure what put it over the top, unless it was a few posts at the end that I missed.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm a little surprised that thread got dumped. The conversation was pretty damn civilized - not sure what put it over the top, unless it was a few posts at the end that I missed.

I think the subject matter, regardless of how it is discussed, is one that people would want to keep at a distance.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I'm expecting a few well-dressed gents on a future episode of "To Catch A Predator".

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads