Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

+1. it was getting redundant.

Oh, the irony.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

If that's the standard, we may as well all pack up and go home right now. Although I hadn't looked at it in a couple of days, based on the way things were going I can only assume that the problem was that it got redundant, but that it got (more) juvenile, hateful, and generally offensive.
    Yep. That was a sad thread. In the future please keep stupid, hateful, juvenile, pathetic comments off those threads.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yep. That was a sad thread. In the future please keep stupid, hateful, juvenile, pathetic comments off those threads.

I'd like to quote this for emphasis. There is really no reason to broadcast to the world that you are an idiot.

4. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd like to quote this for emphasis. There is really no reason to broadcast to the world that you are an idiot.

As my old man used to say "Don't advertise your ignorance."

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Another point is that this is Style Forum, and an awful lot of the comments in that thread displayed a distinct lack of tact and want of style.

It's really a shame that that thread had to be put out of its misery. We should all be able to celebrate women of all shapes and sizes. Women also read the forum, and I'm sure that thread helped a lot of them feel like shit, which is not the kind of help anybody needs.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Another point is that this is Style Forum, and an awful lot of the comments in that thread displayed a distinct lack of tact and want of style.

It's really a shame that that thread had to be put out of its misery. We should all be able to celebrate women of all shapes and sizes. Women also read the forum, and I'm sure that thread helped a lot of them feel like shit, which is not the kind of help anybody needs.

What's worse is that most of the guys posting on that thread are probably not studs themselves that are scoring the likes of the skinny models that they like to oggle over. In fact, some of those guys would be lucky to score any kind of girl - fat or skinny.

7. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

What's worse is that most of the guys posting on that thread are probably not studs themselves that are scoring the likes of the skinny models that they like to oggle over. In fact, some of those guys would be lucky to score any kind of girl - fat or skinny.
    Well in fairness, I think that thread was divided across the board in terms of idiocy: 1/3 high functioning autistics clouding the thread with bizarrely misogynistic interpretations of women + 1/3 internet "white knights" who, ironically, choose to base their conceptions of masculinity in terms of their (percieved opinion of) what outside women think of them, and 1/3 thread starter with an established reputation of being a horrible attention seeking troll = recipe for disaster. Still, it was a fun read while it lasted.

8. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

Still, it was a fun read while it lasted.

I couldn't disagree with your more. It was misogynistic and ugly.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well in fairness, I think that thread was divided across the board in terms of idiocy: 1/3 high functioning autistics clouding the thread with bizarrely misogynistic interpretations of women + 1/3 internet "white knights" who, ironically, choose to base their conceptions of masculinity in terms of their (percieved opinion of) what outside women think of them, and 1/3 thread starter with an established reputation of being a horrible attention seeking troll = recipe for disaster. Still, it was a fun read while it lasted.

Whatever. The thread was taken down solely because of those being dicks.

10. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

At least once a day, I get a server busy message.

Usually it clears in about 1-5 minutes.

Are others experiencing this?

Is there anything I can do on my end to lessen this?

Thanks,
    rnoldh

BTW: I just read the above post( #961) concerning this problem. It pretty well answers my question.

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I know J already answered it but i figured i'd tell you that you're not alone. Once or twice a day it does that for a few minutes.

12. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Spoilt asparagus begins to stink after a while.

13. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Spoilt asparagus begins to stink after a while.

You are what you eat.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

The Cheney in 1994 thread has been sent to the trash, for good reason. The Bush-Nazi connection discussion can be opened in a new thread if you guys like, but the ad hominem in that thread as it stands is taking up more space than actual discussion.

15. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.