1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Is there a way to avoid lakewood's and jinda's avatars from being on-screen at the same time? It's like staring at two car wrecks on opposite sides of the freeway. My eyes are going different directions here.

I was wondering if it was possible to have Lakewolf's avatar on at all times. [​IMG]

2. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Can you just go ahead and ban George Abitbol? Good grief.

Edit: Thank you.

3. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Hi,

This is Pete, Ebay seller nitr-o. I would like to take this opportunity to offer a 10%-15% (depending on the item) discount on Isaia to the readers here at Style Forum. This offer applies to most Isaia items (A few items are currently priced too low for an additional discount). The only restriction is the item(s) must be purchased directly (not through Ebay).

You can view hundreds of Isaia items at my Ebay store:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Nitr-o-Sartor...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Please feel free to contact me at any time: ac_cobra67@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Pete

4. j

j Senior member Admin

Um, hi Pete.

5. amerikajinda

Um, hi Pete.

[​IMG] he said he posted so many of those by mistake because he wasn't sure which ones had actually been posted or not... but before I make another post I always make sure my first post has actually been posted, so... [​IMG] [​IMG] I was tempted to bring out the [​IMG] regardless of whether people have purchased from him or not...

6. j

j Senior member Admin

Still not sure what/where you're talking about.

7. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm tempted to say his fever has made amerikanninja delirious.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

Tippi Hedren is still totally bangable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conne, dude, you need help. The problem is, we're well beyond the powers of modern psychiatry here, and evidently the bottle isn't doing you too many favors, so I'm not sure where that leaves you.

9. RJman

Conne, dude, you need help. The problem is, we're well beyond the powers of modern psychiatry here, and evidently the bottle isn't doing you too many favors, so I'm not sure where that leaves you.

GQGeek's doctor, maybe?

Must admit Tippi looks better than her daughter Melanie Griffith does now, though.

10. amerikajinda

Sorry -- I meant these six identical posts in different threads hawking his stuff:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...762#post774762

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...715#post774715

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...710#post774710

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...705#post774705

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...696#post774696

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...692#post774692

I was just thinking that there are proper channels to go through if one wants to advertise... otherwise it just reeks of spam to me.

11. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

12. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Must admit Tippi looks better than her daughter Melanie Griffith does now, though.

I saw The Birds again for the first time in years this Thanksgiving, and I had completely forgotten what a hottie Tippi Hedren was. But, uh, yeah, not so much now. She has aged well, though.

13. RJman

I saw The Birds again for the first time in years this Thanksgiving, and I had completely forgotten what a hottie Tippi Hedren was. But, uh, yeah, not so much now. She has aged well, though.
    Marnie
    was on TV recently, Hitchcock's version of a Tennessee Williams-style Southern Gothic, and she was quite fetching. Sean Connery was less than convincing as a wealthy and wellborn American.

14. amerikajinda

He explains himself here.
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=50180
    I've had a similar problem recently.

Yes but the fact that they're in six different threads, as opposed to multiple duplicative posts in the same thread would indicate to me at least that there was intent to spread the nitroglycerin around... [​IMG]

15. RJman

Can Eric Glennie be for real (and not some incredibly creative troll, which is why I post it here)? Can anyone IRL be this dense and obsessive? Or is it an elaborate hoax by someone with way, way too much time on his hands?

16. whacked

whacked Senior member

Can Eric Glennie be for real (and not some incredibly creative troll, which is why I post it here)? Can anyone IRL be this dense and obsessive? Or is it an elaborate hoax by someone with way, way too much time on his hands?

There is one way to verify...

buy his stuff. [​IMG]

17. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Up until the latest barrage, I was thinking he was delusional, but for real. Now I'm 99% in the "troll" camp. However, given the content of the website, it is quite elaborate.

18. RJman

There is one way to verify...buy his stuff. [​IMG]
    Sting once said that... oh, never mind.

19. RJman

Up until the latest barrage, I was thinking he was delusional, but for real. Now I'm 99% in the "troll" camp. However, given the content of the website, it is quite elaborate.
    One thing that made me think he was real was that he didn't limit his antics to online forums. I believe JamesT gave him some suggestions for people to contact once he had thought more about his product and taken more steps towards production. It seems that EG then contacted that person with his usual spiel/spam right away, which means that if he's a troll, he's also a real jerk for bothering people offline as well.

20. dah328

dah328 Senior member

His domain name has been registered since 2002, so if he's a troll, he's a very forward-thinking one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.