• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm surrounded by idiots!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
On a flight back down here to Costa Rica I sat next to a young college co-ed traveling in a group who was so excited to visit my country. Why? "This is my first time going to an island country!" I asked if she meant she was going to Cocos Island which is rather remote and quite a journey from the mainland. She replied, "No, we're just staying on the mainland."

Most people confuse us for Puerto Rico, fine. But to hop on a plane not having a clue that the country you've been planning to visit is landlocked?

Wait, what? Are you saying that Costa Rica is land locked?

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Until you get to Tierra Del Fuego its really not that bad of a trip.

Depending on the time of the year, Ushuaia is really spectacular.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Pretty much the inspiration for this schtick by Rick Mercer (a Canadian comic from Newfoundland, if you're wondering about his accent):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLXRV...elated&search=

The conceit being that only Americans could possibly be so thick ...
laugh.gif

Mind you, I think in many cases the "victims" are just trying to be polite and agreeable, which is a generally acknowledged quality of most Americans, regardless of their credulity.

Mulroney on Mt. Rushmore, LMFAO! Hell, why don't they just put Kim Campbell while they're at it?
crackup[1].gif

Jon.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I took COBOL and PASCAL classes when I was like 13.
A great future awaits you in maintenance and support of legacy mainframe applications. Alternatively, you can take on the task of migrating these Luddites to modern technologies, with the attendant risk that you will be blamed if it goes wrong and nobody can get at their money. :)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
A great future awaits you in maintenance and support of legacy mainframe applications. Alternatively, you can take on the task of migrating these Luddites to modern technologies, with the attendant risk that you will be blamed if it goes wrong and nobody can get at their money. :)

Or I can get a low paying manual labor job, which is what I ended up doing instead of the above.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
So check this out;

This girl I work with today got a little confused. She began our conversation on where certain tiles come from with the misguided understanding that Paris was a country. Halfway through, something clicked in her poor little underdeveloped mind and she blurts out, "Oh, I get it. Paris is in Italy... It's the capital of Italy". She was completely serious.

My jaw hit the floor and my eyes glazed over.

"What?!?" She imploringly questioned me. "What did I say wrong? Italy is a country in Europe. Paris is shaped like a boot"

"Italy certainly is", I replied, "But Paris is in France, which is a completely different country than Italy. And France is not shaped like a boot."

This person is 19, Is it even possible to have graduated from High School, and gone to a year of college while under the impression that Paris is a country shaped like a boot? I doubt that she would even be able to find Europe on a map. She'd probably point to Canada.

Anyone else have any FIRST HAND accounts of egregious stupidity?

Ken Pollock is not allowed to post in this thread.

Correct response: "I was thinking I wanted to **** your brains out, but apparently someone already beat me to it"
teacha.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once 85% of this country thought that invasion of Iraq is a good thing.
Once 99% of the Congress of this country thought that the invasion of Iraq is a very clever thing.

Now, 5 years later, almost everyone thinks complete opposite of what they thought about Iraq invasion in a first place.

Am I surrounded by complete idiots and liars? Of course.
B
ut the real question is: "How can I financially benefit from mass idiocy?"
Now if you have an answer to that question you will die a very rich man.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Once 99% of the Congress of this country thought that the invasion of Iraq is a very clever thing.

Now, 5 years later, almost everyone thinks complete opposite of what they thought about Iraq invasion in a first place.

B
Now if you have an answer to that question you will die a very rich man

I believe P.T. Barnum already found the answer ...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz

B
Now if you have an answer to that question you will die a very rich man.

I was never for the war. I think my anti-Iraq, anti-Bush stance has never wavered, and I'm sure I could dig up proof going back to when I first started posting on this forum.

Jon.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
I was never for the war. I think my anti-Iraq, anti-Bush stance has never wavered, and I'm sure I could dig up proof going back to when I first started posting on this forum.

Jon.

Yea but if you are so smart ....why arent' you rich? Or are you?
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads