• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm surrounded by idiots!

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fresh one for the files:

So I meet this extremely attractive girl. We get to talking, yadda yadda. She tells me she's half Nicaraguan, half Danish, making her seem even more attractive. She says something in Danish to me, flirtatiously. She tells me she loves reading. My God, I'm in love. I tell her I can only think of two Danish authors--Hans Christian Andersen and Isak Dinesen, ha, ha--and ask her who her favorite Danish author is, to see if I've even heard of anyone else.

She tells me that her favorite Danish author is...Agatha Christie.

I say something diplomatic, like, "Huh, are you sure she's not English?"

Girl replies: "Oh, no, I've read like ten books of hers, and they were all in Danish."

I cannot express my disappointment.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While in upper Burma, a tourist approached, asking, Where is the Taj Mahal?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I remember in my high school AP (advanced placement which are college credit classes) American history class and actually arguing with these girls on a few terrible points.

I had to inform them after studying the salem witch trials that, no they were not real witches in colonial times. She understands that witches no longer exist but thought they did back then.

Another girl wouldn't believe me when i told her that buffalo are not extinct. The girl just insisted that they were. Nevermind the academic/cataloguing differences between buffalo and bison, but she was just convinced that they no longer existed.

Another girl when giving a oral presentation kept pronouncing colonel CAW-LEN-ALL. I can understand slipping up when reading something aloud because of the phoenetics, but the teacher corrected her and she responded "no, i'm talking about caw-len-alls".

Not as bad as some of the things mentioned here, but i figured i'd chime in. I've heard some incredible things at college but i just can't remember them. I'll keep an ear out though.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
While in upper Burma, a tourist approached, asking, Where is the Taj Mahal?

He was not an idiot he was just high as a kite and probably was pulling your leg
smile.gif
)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorority Girl in the bookstore asked for the "Autobiography of Malcom Ten"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads