• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
He's an artist though; he should know how to give constructive criticism.
We have tortured souls, we laugh we cry, we love we fight, subtlety is a rare commodity in artiste Ville.
musicboohoo[1].gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm not saying you or anyone else is being a jerk. I just remember when i first started looking on the sight, i had quicker reactions to styles different than what i was going through so i was trying to relate. ****'s gonna be tough for you until you're more comfortable with yourself and style here, which is the only reason i said that. I felt pretty similarly to you when i first joined, but i didn't post as much about trying to fix it. I was pretty invisbile on the site for the first few months until i was able to gather my bearings by lurking and browsing through a bunch of different threads and try on some clothes that weren't necessarily forum ready, but were cheap alternatives until i could hone my style somewhat. Now i post regularly as i'm more confident. It's all good though.

Sauce, my girlfriend is still on the fence about styleforum and sufu. She likes that i'm dressing better but she also is irritated because it made her realize that her outfits weren't great either. She now feels like she has to keep up with me and still doesn't really understand the whole looking at guy's fits and stuff as much. She sees how it's helpful but still finds it kinda weird. It's hard to argue with her though. Seeing your and other people's AEs, PSs and other shoes really make me want to invest in a decent pair of non-sneakers though.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Seeing your and other people's AEs, PSs and other shoes really make me want to invest in a decent pair of non-sneakers though.

Trust me, I still cringe every time I see that Rye or GS have posted a fit, because I know that one day, those damn Paul Smiths are going to look so good that I'll black out, then come to my senses holding my credit card and staring at an order confirmation screen.

Reaction score
that's how i do most of my e-shopping

in meatspace, i have much more self-control (mainly because i don't tend to go out to brick and mortar stores drunk or altered)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Quoted for truth. Tone is everything.

I see a lot of guys wearing all black around, poorly. There are so many types of black. Some with more blues, some more magentas, some more yellows. Together, it looks a mess. Jeans are the same. Anyone who says that they need just one pair of dark jeans either 1)Doesn't wear jeans often or 2)Is colorblind. For example:

APCs have a lot of red in them. Unless they are brand new, or have been brine washed, they tend to look like **** with most blacks. Tones are way off. But I see people wearing them with black all the time. 5EP are more versatile because they are pretty well balanced. They have a greencast than makes them wearable with more somber tones, but have a fair bit of yellow and red, some warm colors, especially if the jeans are worn with a warm colored belt, something tobacco rather than british tan, say. And Kicking Mules have a lot of brown in them, and that is accentuated by the stitching. They look like **** with black, generally, but I see this all the time anyway. They call for a blue or an earth tone. If you wear jeans often, you need about 3 pairs of jeans unless the rest of your wardrobe is dominated by either cool or warm tones.

Put the pipe down.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Trust me, I still cringe every time I see that Rye or GS have posted a fit, because I know that one day, those damn Paul Smiths are going to look so good that I'll black out, then come to my senses holding my credit card and staring at an order confirmation screen.

lmao!!!! you speak the truth sauce. i would be so much richer if it wasn't for this damn internet.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Yes. The sandwich was amazing. An italian panini from The Fresh Market. Fresh Spinach, cappicola, fresh mozzerella, red onions, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and genoa salami. My mouth is still recovering.
Next time can you post a better picture of the sandwich? And what polo are you wearing?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
^^^ Hard to stay quiet on such great fits. Felt up to the "paint it black" challenge and mixed it with New Gear Mondays (delayed):
cimg3542ud9.jpg
cimg3551if1.jpg
APC Random thrift RB Varvatos I really like the details on this APC jacket. Riri, slim waist, nice lining, and sweet pockets.
cimg3555yn3.jpg
cimg3558uv7.jpg
cimg3556ky1.jpg

pinoy

Reaction score
First of all, this multi-quote feature is GREAT!

Being a new member, I really don't think I have much authority with regards to critiquing other people's fits, but here goes.. I'll try to get my own WAYWT up later this week.

Disclaimer: Please try to view these comments as constructive criticism rather than simply bashing fits.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by timpoblete
Thanks for the comments earlier Whodini

2007-07-10.jpg

EG Engineer's Jacket, 8 oz Denim, courtesy of Mr. Gary Drinkwater. Thank you very much sir!

While I find the color palette to be aesthetically pleasing, I feel that you would be better off with a slimmer cut. You seem to have a similar body shape as I do and any cuts that reduce the bulkiness of your frame are always helpful.

I found your last fit to be killer though. Perhaps it has to do with the jacket? How does this fit look with the jacket unbuttoned? At the moment I feel you look a tad stuffy.

Originally Posted by whodini
^^^
Hard to stay quiet on such great fits.

Felt up to the "paint it black" challenge and mixed it with New Gear Mondays (delayed):
cimg3542ud9.jpg
cimg3551if1.jpg

APC
Random thrift
RB
Varvatos

My monitor at work is dark so I can't really make out the various textures and subtle color differences in your all black outfit, which is unfortunate because I feel that's what makes or breaks an all black outfit. In any case, the jeans fit great and the cuffs work well with your frame, your belt rocks, and the color of your jeans works well with the jacket. Awesome.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
While I find the color palette to be aesthetically pleasing, I feel that you would be better off with a slimmer cut. You seem to have a similar body shape as I do and any cuts that reduce the bulkiness of your frame are always helpful.

I found your last fit to be killer though. Perhaps it has to do with the jacket? How does this fit look with the jacket unbuttoned? At the moment I feel you look a tad stuffy.

I agree that slimming down the jacket would make for a nicer silhouette. I'll probably wait for a couple more uses to deciding whether to take it to the tailor, as I just received this today. Next pic will be with it open and I'll let you be the judge. Thanks for the constructive criticism!

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I think that jacket fits perfectly, timbo. Nice piece.

Sauce, the (new?) hat fits your style well. Where is this "cheap hat store" you speak of? As for the other fit, I believe strongly in sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics