• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
tongue.gif
i win

USA! USA! USA!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
kinda tradish tonight...

RL Bengal-Stripe OCBD
Oxxford pure cashmere jacket
Red Wing Belt
BOLAs
AE wingtips

40cq2.jpg

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My attempt at wearing jeans
smile.gif
4kjbryx.jpg

Borrelli Linen Tawny Brown 3 Button Patch/Rear Vent
Ceasare Attolini Navy Linen Shirt
-Tailored by Despos-
Earnest Sewn Jeans
Sutor Buckle Boots

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Looks good Soph

barberalinensafari1.jpg

barberalinensafari2.jpg

barberalinensafari3.jpg

Dark blue linen Barbera Safari coat, RLBL shirt, Earnest Sewn Fulton 50, Sutor Mantellassi Chukkas.

Aries

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
smile.gif
. Borrelli Linen Tawny Brown 3 Button Patch/Rear Vent Ceasare Attolini Navy Linen Shirt -Tailored by Despos- Earnest Sewn Jeans Sutor Buckle Boots

Soph, you're one of my favorite posters on the MC thread. The colors, fit and textures of your outfits are second to none. Glad to see you're bringing the heat to this thread as well.
Originally Posted by A Harris
^^^ Looks good Soph Dark blue linen Barbera Safari coat, RLBL shirt, Earnest Sewn Fulton 50, Sutor Mantellassi Chukkas.
A Harris, words can't do justice to that barbera coat. Perfect fit, and one of the best linen pieces I have ever seen. Always envious of your style sir.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
smile.gif
4kjbryx.jpg

-Tailored by Despos-
Earnest Sewn Jeans
Sutor Buckle Boots

Those jeans look great on you, good fit and proportions

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

-Tailored by Despos-
Earnest Sewn Jeans
Sutor Buckle Boots

I think the ES are a good fit for you, are they fultons? Definitely prefer this slimmer/more tapered look to bootcuts, gives you a much cleaner vibe IMO.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
smile.gif
4kjbryx.jpg

-Tailored by Despos-
Earnest Sewn Jeans
Sutor Buckle Boots

Not bad. My main criticisms would be that the light color of the jacket calls for a lighter color in the shirt, and that the jacket is a little long.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug

tongue.gif
i win

Cookie for Chrono!

Originally Posted by A Harris
Dark blue linen Barbera Safari coat

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by pibbs
hmm.. i don't know if i should be offended or not
confused.gif

No, don't be--I just couldn't resist the smartass remark, it was begging for someone to make it. I would've had to make the same remark about myself. It's a compulsion.

Soph, I agree with LA Guy that the jacket is a bit long for wear with jeans. The jeans look good, though.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
smile.gif
4kjbryx.jpg

-Tailored by Despos-
Earnest Sewn Jeans
Sutor Buckle Boots

I honestly don't think this is working, although I do think all the individual pieces fit you very well.

The jacket looks very good and you're either an almost perfect fit for Attolini or your tailor did a terrific job to adjust it to your proportions. I really appreciate that as a guy that's more built than plain skinny you went for a good deal of waist suppression instead of the columnar look (think Thom Browne or Dior Homme). Jeans are also an excellent fit and seem to be a much better choice than the Borelli jeans or whatever you were looking at a few months ago.

The problem is that you're basically wearing an outfit that would look very good with say linen slacks and decided to switch for jeans for no apparent reason. If you want to wear something like that with jeans, considering the general style you affectionate, I would recommend lowering the "formality" of your dressier garments. The jacket should be shorter (colour is still good, although maybe not ideal with the black shirt as it evokes the eighties all black with light jacket to me), 1-2 buttons or maybe a very casual model (see A Harris wonderful safari jacket) and the shirt something like Drizzt always wear (think Band of Outsiders style). I do wear very dressed up jackets with jeans but my style is a lot more casual/deconstructivist/fashion forward so I don't think you should/would follow my example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads