• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoppping in London

Curious P

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going to London next week (for two weeks) and I was hoping someone could give me the low down on good places to go shopping - everything from business casual to street wear.

Cheers!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money isn't too much of an object:
Harvey Nichols
Harrods
Jermyn Street
Savile Row
Brioni
Liberty
Lobb
C&J
and so on. Basically, pick a label and they probably have a store or at least a boutique in a department store.

If money is more of an object:
H&M
umm..
Portobello Road...

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would rather go for some London specials. The brands featured at Harrods or Harvey Nichols you would find in almost every other large city.
Among my suggestions would be

George Cleverley at the Royal Arcade (shoes)
Lock Hatters on St James Street (hats)
Smith & Sons on Oxford Street (Umbrellas)
Asprey on Old Bond Street (Luxury everything, rare books, guns and an amzing store)
Fortnum & Mason of Piccadilly (Fine foods)
David Linley on Pimlico Road (fine furniture and living accessoires)

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But do go to Laduree at Harrods and buy some of their buisquits.
They cost a lot, look funny and are sort of overly popular but they are VERY good.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Laudree macaroons are incredible. Stilmacher's suggestions are actually very good. I was just thinking a more narrowly SF mindset.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If money is sort of an object, Hackett has decent clothing.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also:

Swaine Adeney & Brigg on St James Street (fine leather goods etc)
Holland & Holland on Bruton Street. They now carry a rather fun RTW collection and interesting accessoires

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think of Beretta?

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Yes, sorry, should have quoted you.

Actually (and that does have something to do with me being German) I am not particularly into guns. I appreciate the culture around hunting and the art gun making but I don't and will never own a gun.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
Actually (and that does have something to do with me being German) I am not particularly into guns. I appreciate the culture around hunting and the art gun making but I don't and will never own a gun.

I was talking about their clothing shop up from John Lobb. Sorry for my lack of clarity.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I know that, I will have to check it out next time i'm in London. Thanks for the tipp.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
But do go to Laduree at Harrods and buy some of their buisquits.
They cost a lot, look funny and are sort of overly popular but they are VERY good.

They have just opened a coffee shop in Burlington Arcade, corner of Piccadilly (the premises previously occupied by Peal Cashmere).

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No London experience is complete without Selfridges.

And even though the shopping is great in London, I didn't buy a single thing there, all too expensive. All I did was look at stuff and then find it on ebay when I got home
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member