• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rover
lance konami: please cut your hair, ponytails on men doesn't look good at all imo. And metallica tee's should only be worn if you actually are going to a concert. Otherwise you only look like a poor metal-head. And what's up with the Nike sneakers?! you could at least worn leather boots. AnotherVictim: there is nothing stylish about that outfit. let alone calling it fashion. Simple hood, demin and sneaks don't impress anyone. cultpop: even if it was really cheap vintage, that leather jacket isn't even worth 5$. Ugly color and doesn't have a complimenting fit. But if you had a slightly more brown jacket that was a bit slimmer I would've liked the overall outfit. jpgm: Either buy shorter pants or get a tailor to get it fitted, it's not nice if you have to fold it more than once. The shirt is nice though, but the jacket looks a size too big, although I can't see the shoulder seem. Halifamous: Did you stuff your tie in your pants? If it is, then you should know that a tie should sit above your pant line. Or an inch or two over if you have low rise pants.. But never touch your pants unless you sit down. With that out of the way, nice outfit indeed
smile.gif
Perhaps I'm being way too harsh, but this is what I think of your outfits. Hope you like critics
smile.gif

peepwall[1].gif
Edit: Lance was quoting Rye...that's how the "Quote" function works.

tsamset92

Reaction score
hi all, first time i post here
smile.gif
f_64.jpg
f_65.jpg
i know hightops and shorts usually dont go that good but i thought it looked ok..
wink.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. The shot is sort of blurry, but it was the best of a bad bunch, and the slow exposure, while difficult to use, shows the colors best. Rag&Bone Selvedge Pump jacket - Louis Boston, Boston, MA Gazzarini Henley - Yoox
smile.gif
Splendid Mills Henley - Revolve clothing Belt - Tooled belt Leather goods connection 5EP Low down boot rigid jeans (a little oversized) - Famous Friends, NYC, New York Not shown Natural Chucks with Switched out Navy laces (riffing on Rye) - Berks, Cambridge, MA. Jutta Neumann barbell bracelet - Jutta Neumann,NYC. Edit: slightly better shot.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Really nice fit on the jacket, LA Guy. Any non-blurry pics of it for the Recent Purchases thread?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fok,
Youre the worst dressing out of the whole entire thread...I am only saying this becaus eyou delete my damn posts all the time.
HAHA
Im just messin man. I like the jacket. I was thinking of getting it for myself but I passed onto other things though. Looks sweet. Does it have a slight sheen to it? The one I saw did...but I could be wrong

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Really nice fit on the jacket, LA Guy. Any non-blurry pics of it for the Recent Purchases thread?

Just edited to change out the photo for a non-blurry version. Thanks. Yeah, I looked all over, and this jacket definitely had the best fit for me in pretty much all of Boston, excepting an Acne blazer. But I don't wear blazers or sportsjackets very often, so I passed on that.

Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Fok,
Youre the worst dressing out of the whole entire thread...I am only saying this becaus eyou delete my damn posts all the time.
HAHA
Im just messin man. I like the jacket. I was thinking of getting it for myself but I passed onto other things though. Looks sweet. Does it have a slight sheen to it? The one I saw did...but I could be wrong

Hey, it was one post
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Yes, the jacket has a slight sheen to it. I think that the sheen is a condition of its being new, however. I have worn the jacket about a handful of times now, and was rained out once, and the sheen decreases with each wear, like the sheen on dry denim.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Running across the street for a sandwhich and doing laundry:

Lanvin silk/linen hat
UCSB Triathlon tshirt
Paul Smith glenplaid shorts
Louis Vuitton spa mules

laundry.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yesterday-
cripped up with the bandana on the left side

20070520op2.jpg

apc
rb6
cp

today-

20070521ad1.jpg

boocloseupuh3.jpg

BoO seersucker popover
rb6
cp

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lance konami: please cut your hair, ponytails on men doesn't look good at all imo. And metallica tee's should only be worn if you actually are going to a concert. Otherwise you only look like a poor metal-head. And what's up with the Nike sneakers?! you could at least worn leather boots.

AnotherVictim: there is nothing stylish about that outfit. let alone calling it fashion. Simple hood, demin and sneaks don't impress anyone.

cultpop: even if it was really cheap vintage, that leather jacket isn't even worth 5$. Ugly color and doesn't have a complimenting fit. But if you had a slightly more brown jacket that was a bit slimmer I would've liked the overall outfit.

jpgm: Either buy shorter pants or get a tailor to get it fitted, it's not nice if you have to fold it more than once. The shirt is nice though, but the jacket looks a size too big, although I can't see the shoulder seem.

Halifamous: Did you stuff your tie in your pants? If it is, then you should know that a tie should sit above your pant line. Or an inch or two over if you have low rise pants.. But never touch your pants unless you sit down. With that out of the way, nice outfit indeed
smile.gif

Perhaps I'm being way too harsh, but this is what I think of your outfits. Hope you like critics
smile.gif

By all means, post a photo any time. Did you just advocate wearing a band's T-shirt to their show, by the way?

Infernal hails,

Bergdorf Goodwill

Rover

Reaction score
I don't mind band tee's if you want the vintage-indie-look, but that one he's wearing should not be seen outside a metallica concert..

calvin1663

Reaction score
I find it very funny that you (rover) come here with 2 posts and feel free to critique (rather harshly, I might add) people who've been here for much longer than you have, and I love that you don't have the balls to post a picture of your sartorially perfect self.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind band tee's if you want the vintage-indie-look, but that one he's wearing should not be seen outside a metallica concert..

If you're going to be a "THERE ARE RULES TO THESE THINGS" twat you might not want to advocate wearing a band's T-shirts to their own shows. You wear the Kreator T-shirt to the Metallica show, you imbecile.

You wear the Metallica T-shirt ironically to a Books show or something.

Additionally, you should not be wearing band T-shirts because you "want the vintage indie look," you should be wearing them because you like the ******* band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads