• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Now that I have 1000 posts do I get one of those cool taglines?

The trick is to stay very very quiet or you may end up with some unfortunate tag line
lookaround.gif

Reuters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
The trick is to stay very very quiet or you may end up with some unfortunate tag line
lookaround.gif

Any words for me?
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of forum topics, I ran across a Greek bird site you may find interesting, Stelios...
marchal.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Speaking of forum topics, I ran across a Greek bird site you may find interesting, Stelios...
marchal.gif

uh oh someone distract him while I make a run for the thread border!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My yellow eyes are all seeing across the internets.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I believe a shitstorm or two erupted in there and they took it down - is that right?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not something that can be taken down really, I just don't want people thinking it is endorsed by the forum. People could come in there and pretend to be anyone, and say stuff trying to get someone banned, etc. And a lot of the talk in there was just sad trash talking because people didn't feel accountable for what they said. People feel like they can say things on chat that they wouldn't feel comfortable putting on the record on the forum.

When I can find a good chat client that integrates with the forum's user database, I'll set it up. Meanwhile, I don't feel like babysitting or fielding complaints from people whose feelings are hurt in chat.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
It's not something that can be taken down really, I just don't want people thinking it is endorsed by the forum. People could come in there and pretend to be anyone, and say stuff trying to get someone banned, etc. And a lot of the talk in there was just sad trash talking because people didn't feel accountable for what they said. People feel like they can say things on chat that they wouldn't feel comfortable putting on the record on the forum.

When I can find a good chat client that integrates with the forum's user database, I'll set it up. Meanwhile, I don't feel like babysitting or fielding complaints from people whose feelings are hurt in chat.

Fair enough, J. Although my experience with the gabbly chat with members here is excellent. The few people I've interacted there: Tokyo, Red, Drizzt, Toiletduck, *****, you J, aboyjs, and even Patrick Bateman before, etc.., were fun people and I enjoyed conversing with members who I feel share a lot of my interests. I also realize that there might be abuses that can't be modified from where you sit. I do hope a better chatroom can be made available in the future.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Me too, but then again it is a major timesuck to have an active chatroom... I'm also kind of torn because while it's fun, I'd rather have any meaningful conversation take place on the forum so that it is useful to other readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads