Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHoff

TheHoff Senior member

The fee thing is an interesting idea but I don't know how that would work in reality. Food for thought though...

I've run a few forums [​IMG] it works well when you need real access restriction or age verification. I would think most active posters in the CE forum would pony up the $2, but those who like to cause trouble could easily be banned since they couldn't repeatedly pay for new IDs. Honestly though this is a pretty tame group as most communities go... one of the most laid back I've seen actually.

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    it will often just encourage new users to post junk one-line posts in order to reach the needed mark.
    Like some of us need encouragement... [​IMG]

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Huh? Is this related to me?

Nope, sorry Tom. I was referring to the former poster whomewhat aka vote4tom and a_distinguished_gentleman on eBay.

4. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

I have just (probably temporarily) put a minimum post limit on the Current Events forum. Guests and search engines will not be allowed to browse it, and members will (at the moment) need 100 posts to their name to access it.

I am considering options, but enough trouble for me comes from that forum that I think this is necessary for right now.

Most likely what will happen is I will start a separate forum for threads that veer off topic way too far into the "free speech zone" and that one will have the post limit, and the CE forum will then remain open for news stories and such.

How about having a minimum time period (like a probation)? This way it won't encourage people to post whore.

5. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I can't understand why anyone would post whore just to get into the CE forum. It's not like it's fun in there.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I can't understand why anyone would post whore just to get into the CE forum. It's not like it's fun in there.

Yeah, but you could put a red velvet rope outside an abattoir and people would line up to get in.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Hey, I spend most of my time in CE, General, and Entertainment. Its the only place I can actually hold a decent conversation with anyone.

8. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Nope, sorry Tom. I was referring to the former poster whomewhat aka vote4tom and a_distinguished_gentleman on eBay.
    Ah, gotcha. I was only aware of the whomewhat username.

9. j

Tiger, can I ask you to just state your former position with the US Military, and what happened when I knew without any doubt that a longstanding member had wished a grenade on you?

Can you tell me what you would expect me to do if I actually had proof that a member had wished a roadside bomb on someone else's Marine son?

And to ANYONE, can you please expose to me the secret man-boy-love undercurrent of this forum? Only one person so far apparently sees the truth of what this site is really about. Someone, please, remove the scales from my eyes. Considering that I created it and have undoubtedly read more posts here than anyone else in the world (based on my web statistics), I'm surprised I didn't know about this. Please. Enlighten me.

10. Todd

Todd Senior member

Tiger, can I ask you to just state your former position with the US Military, and what happened when I knew without any doubt that a longstanding member had wished a grenade on you?

Can you tell me what you would expect me to do if I actually had proof that a member had wished a roadside bomb on someone else's Marine son?

And to ANYONE, can you please expose to me the secret man-boy-love undercurrent of this forum? Only one person so far apparently sees the truth of what this site is really about. Someone, please, remove the scales from my eyes. Considering that I created it and have undoubtedly read more posts here than anyone else in the world (based on my web statistics), I'm surprised I didn't know about this. Please. Enlighten me.

What did I miss.....

11. j

Nothing, nothing to see here, go about your business.

12. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

What?

13. j

Yes, exactly.

14. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

What?

+1

J is making no sense. It's almost reminiscent of a drunk Connemara...

15. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

The only possible conjecture I could make is the regular self-posting by some of our 20-something, 22-inch-waisted members of their outfits.

You would need a pretty sick mind to read such a thing into that ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.