• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conservative Business Dress

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What shoes are appropriate for conservative business dress?
devil.gif
Alden

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Cute!

http://www.bartleby.com/141/strunk.html#1

Pretty simple stuff.

Simple-minded. Quote: "Do not join independent clauses by a comma." Well, a correllative conjunction (and, but, or, nor, as, yet, for, and sometimes so) is part of neither clause it joins, and so they are both independent. If one or both are long, a comma can be used. For example: "I had previously thought that smartypants professional translators might know more than suave teachers with a background in linguistics, but I was mistaken."

There. I'm going to have a glass of wine now.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
My username used to be "*****cat's Boyfriend"; it no longer is. *****cat is still my girlfriend and adores the nickname. Therefore, I am Ex-*****cat's Boyfriend, not "*****cat's Ex-Boyfriend."

Surely even you could have figured that out on your own.

Without flying to Japan, paying for a translator, bribing several people to find out your address, spending an enormous amount of money on surveillance equipment, and spending an inordinant amount of time spying on you and *****cat to find out if she really was, indeed, the original *****cat, no I couldn't have. But ****, I did just have a free weekend, and dammit, I wasted it!
blush.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Without flying to Japan, paying for a translator, bribing several people to find out your address, spending an enormous amount of money on surveillance equipment, and spending an inordinant amount of time spying on you and *****cat to find out if she really was, indeed, the original *****cat, no I couldn't have. But ****, I did just have a free weekend, and dammit, I wasted it!
blush.gif

Wow.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
What shoes are appropriate for conservative business dress?
devil.gif
Alden

Jesus, have you not been paying attention?

Originally Posted by Manton
Quote:
AE Lloyd black balmoral wingtips. Leather single soles. The better for *****footing around superiors and strangers alike, while not drawing notice or criticism. I thought about the EG Chelsea captoes, but those have a waist, which I am told is very gay. Gayness is not conservative enough for my environment, so those shoes will stay in the closet today.
A good choice in an American context. Plus two.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
I've got to give you that one.
blush.gif

Thurston,

Thank You Sincerely

Never misunderestimate me!

rnoldh
laugh.gif

Quote:

"They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream
."
GWB

Please read the following link. There will be a test:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/piehigher.asp

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
blush.gif

It bottles the mind.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Con Biz Dresser
Manton, I think you should take a long look at the jacket's shoulders to get a better idea of what I was trying to say earlier today.

Oh, I think I understood all along, but I will look anyway just to be sure.

I hope in the meantime that you didn't pop one of yours when you nearly cracked a rib
Just did a self exam, and they seem to be fine. Thanks for your concern!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
BTW Manton, it is lighter weight worsted flannel, not woolen flannel. It's still cold here. Is that okay?

Partial dispensation for worsted flannel and cold weather. Minus only one.

Mainly I wanted the dull finish so I would not reflect any light into the eyes of my superiors or colleagues.
This is an excellent impulse.
Is a blue shirt okay?
Once every two weeks, at most.
And I will find a more contemporary tie as well. What colors are okay again?
The ground should be dark blue. The figures should be blues, whites, silvers -- anything cold and lifeless. Avoid anything vibrant and exciting.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Per Leo Strauss's cigarette holder, I must ask: Are cigarette holders conservative?

I'm shocked you even need to ask this.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
To the rest of you ba$tards:

STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD! This is a SERIOUS thread with a SERIOUS purpose! If you don't want to discuss Conservative Business Dress, post your garbage somewhere else!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I too would like to become an ultra conservative business dresser so I am thinking of throwing away all of my non grey or blue suits and ties. Can I still wear striped shirts and brown shoes?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I too would like to become an ultra conservative business dresser so I am thinking of throwing away all of my non grey or blue suits and ties. Can I still wear striped shirts and brown shoes?

I would assume that if the patterns are interesting, then no. Now, if the patterns are so fine that unless you use spectroscopy they look solid, you should be fine
tongue.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...Who would have thought that manton was on meds? One day passes without them and look what happens...
devil.gif

Hey Manton, is it ok for men to call me peaches? Or would that be my ruin in a conservative business environment?
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads