• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Schmuck (ehemm WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING) Who Gave Jeter His Ball Back

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
So, if the ball had gone into the open market for sale, what do you think the selling price range might have been? What would you use as a comp to justify that price?
There is a premium on anything NYY related, being the franchise that it is. Boston as well, but it isn't held in nearly the same regard. First and only player to collect all 3000 hits as a Yankee. This ball would probably fetch you $50,000 to $75,000. (Before taxes)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
There is a premium on anything NYY related, being the franchise that it is. Boston as well, but it isn't held in nearly the same regard. First and only player to collect all 3000 hits as a Yankee. This ball would probably fetch you $50,000 to $75,000. (Before taxes)

You are WAY off. They said that the STARTING bid would have been $250K!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Wrong...You are WAY off. They said that the STARTING bid would have been $250K!

THEY can say what THEY want, but the market just isn't there as much as it was say 10 years ago. I mean Bond's 756 sold for 3/4 of a million and even then people felt that it was over valued. Sure the bidding would have started at 250K but I don't think it would have gone for that much.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would have! It would have approached 1/2 mil. There are some wealthy Skankee fans out there....and collectors.
50K?? His batting glove would get that!
The market IS there....Wealthy people are still there.
And you contradicted your earlier post..Jeter/NY Skankees/clean player/3000.....EASY $250K min!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would have! It would have approached 1/2 mil. There are some wealthy Skankee fans out there....and collectors.
50K?? His batting glove would get that!
The market IS there....Wealthy people are still there.
And you coontradicted your earlier post..Jeter/NY Skankees/clean player/3000.....EASY $250K min!

It doesn't COONtradict anything (you racist) He's an all time great, but if the over valued 756 HR ball fetches on 3/4 of a million why do you think the 28 person to hit 3000 would get 250K?? Sure he's a Yankee, sure he's clean, but buddy the market is not there. I've heard estimates a low as 25K. Sorry but your meal ticket is gone.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
It doesn't COONtradict anything (you racist) He's an all time great, but if the over valued 756 HR ball fetches on 3/4 of a million why do you think the 28 person to hit 3000 would get 250K?? Sure he's a Yankee, sure he's clean, but buddy the market is not there. I've heard estimates a low as 25K. Sorry but your meal ticket is gone.

Hey ASSHOLE...we are having an interesting debate about the value of a baseball and you call me a racist because of a mis-type!!! Looks like that guy who gave the ball back isn't the only schumck!
(my initial post has been corrected)

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey ASSHOLE...we are having an interesting debate about the value of a baseball and you call me a racist because of a mis-type!!! Looks like that guy who gave the ball back isn't the only schumck!
(my initial post has been corrected)

Relax it was a joke.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread makes me sad. I can't believe there are actually people out there who criticize others for being nice.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its not about "being nice", or "doing the right thing", but this guy and his family will spend tens of thousands of dollars in their lifetime on MLB, and the Yankees. Its all the hard work they put into their lives that they choose to spend on baseball which enables guys like Jeter to earn what they earn. Sure he's a throwback, but he's not making throwback money. I wish I could earn millions by playing a game for a living, playing it for 20 years, retiring, and live large. Sure you get up early for BP and get beaned, and sure it takes hard work but they also have more time off than teachers (October through March 1). Cry me a river. I'm not saying he should have fleeced the Yanks or Jeter, but the fact that they never even thought giving back financially to the fans who allow these ungrateful (mostly) and overpaid athletes to be what they are is disgusting.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to send this bad boy to ebay:

IMG_0001.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
This thread makes me sad. I can't believe there are actually people out there who criticize others for being nice.

+1.

I can't believe Slopho is saying something correct about baseball.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
+1.

I can't believe Slopho is saying something correct about baseball.

LOL
inlove.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads