• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Conspiracy Theories

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
The bigger the conspiracy theory, the harder it would be to keep secret.

pro tip: if you ever think that there might be a secret conspiracy to commit nefarious or illegal deeds, count the number of civilians who would have to keep quiet to keep it under wraps. Once you get to around 10, stop counting. There's no way 10 civilians are going to be able to keep those secrets.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
pro tip: if you ever think that there might be a secret conspiracy to commit nefarious or illegal deeds, count the number of civilians who would have to keep quiet to keep it under wraps. Once you get to around 10, stop counting. There's no way 10 civilians are going to be able to keep those secrets.

Bingo. That's why I always thought the 9/11 Truthers were nuts. It would take way too many people to pull that off and no way they would all keep it a secret. Someone would break down over the fact that so many innocent American died.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With something on the level of 9/11, I would say that even military and/or CIA people would have a lot of trouble keeping something like that under wraps. I'm sure people like that could keep a lot of things secret but nobody with any morals at all would be willing to keep it secret if the government killed 3000 innocent Americans to achieve some murky political goal.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Bingo. That's why I always thought the 9/11 Truthers were nuts. It would take way too many people to pull that off and no way they would all keep it a secret. Someone would break down over the fact that so many innocent American died.

I think the hardcore "truthers" believe that not that many americans died, or they were robot voices or some ****?

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unless the majority of the people involved were not told and details were kept confined to a few individuals.

With something on the level of 9/11, I would say that even military and/or CIA people would have a lot of trouble keeping something like that under wraps. I'm sure people like that could keep a lot of things secret but nobody with any morals at all would be willing to keep it secret if the government killed 3000 innocent Americans to achieve some murky political goal.

probably but keep in mind, they probably signed a NDA and so saying anything could be punishable by law. the only people that could possibly agree with killing so many innocent people would probably be Utilitarians. But I've yet to see the good taht came out of the whole incident.

Costanza is that your beauty shot? lol

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange

probably but keep in mind, they probably signed a NDA and so saying anything could be punishable by law. the only people that could possibly agree with killing so many innocent people would probably be Utilitarians.

I seriously doubt that there would be an NDA. If you're trying to do something that secret you don't want a paper trail. I might be worried about a bullet in the head if I said anything, but not a lawsuit or jail time.

The only people who could possibly agree with killing so many innocent people in such a manner would be a sociopath, a zealot, or a person with no moral compass outside of a pathological need to follow orders.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that there would be an NDA. If you're trying to do something that secret you don't want a paper trail. I might be worried about a bullet in the head if I said anything, but not a lawsuit or jail time.

well you have to sign an NDA when you get hired on to the agency so my guess would be that that would be enough.

The only people who could possibly agree with killing so many innocent people in such a manner would be a sociopath, a zealot, or a person with no moral compass outside of a pathological need to follow orders.
forgot these.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
The faked moon landing conspiracy was a good one.

That it is but if you look at this new show called "Fact or Faked" it shows that it was possible to duplicate some/most of the movements but debunked it because so many people would have to be involved.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Both the last Super Bowl and the NBA final were fixed.

1. Because of Ben Roethlisberger barroom antics, NFL commissioner Goodell couldn't be seen handing the NFL's championship trophy to alleged ******. Remember it was Roethlisberger who was having the worst game of his career.

2. LeBron James disses the city of Cleveland (which really isn't that hard to do) on national television and goes on to "disappear" in the 4th quarter of games throughout the finals.

Didn't Derek Jeter a huge choker in the playoffs and world series?

Originally Posted by Unbreakable
meh, I just like to believe that all games are fixed. Does that make me one of them?
blush.gif

Lebrons 3? bad game streak does seem fishy though.... 1 game yeah we can believe, but 3?
devil.gif

All games are fixed especially Monday Night Football.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
casey anthony's great grand-uncle was a member of the illuminati and they crept up the american judicial system to make sure she never serves time.

* if something happens to me, please keep this post alive.

Originally Posted by in stitches
QFT

and in case some illuminati mod deletes your post, i hope he doesnt notice this one.

You guys are crazy. Freemasons watch these boards not illuminati. BTW, your credit cards accounts are closed.
satisfied.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
That it is but if you look at this new show called "Fact or Faked" it shows that it was possible to duplicate some/most of the movements but debunked it because so many people would have to be involved.

You lie to the majority of these people. Only the highest people need to know.

Also, Why the **** have we not gone back to the moon? If lunar rock is worth more than its weight in nubile solid gold virgins, it seems that it would be a somewhat easy program to reboot with mostly off the shelf parts.

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom

Also, Why the **** have we not gone back to the moon? If lunar rock is worth more than its weight in nubile solid gold virgins, it seems that it would be a somewhat easy program to reboot with mostly off the shelf parts.

Costs $450 million per mission to launch shuttle.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/...le_faq.html#10

That's just the launch. Not sure on maintenance costs, functionality of lunar modules, return costs, etc...

But if you look at the costs in relation to the military budget...
ffffuuuu.gif

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
You guys are crazy. Freemasons watch these boards not illuminati. BTW, your credit cards accounts are closed.
satisfied.gif

some one please explain the difference between the Illuminati and the Freemasons and which one was President G.Wash in?

Please don't hurt me. Or close my bank account.

Originally Posted by ratboycom

that's what I was telling munchausen over here, that only a few select individuals can be in the know while the majority of peeps are kept in the dark.

Originally Posted by Mandrake9072
Costs $450 million per mission to launch shuttle.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/...le_faq.html#10

That's just the launch. Not sure on maintenance costs, functionality of lunar modules, return costs, etc...

But if you look at the costs in relation to the military budget...
ffffuuuu.gif

I know! But huge military budgets give me a yob
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads