Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Overstand, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

I once read that KFC is owned by the KKK and the secret recipe includes chemicals that make only black men impotent.

2. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Senior member

I like to read/watch videos about conspiracy theories. Its fun! Some are super nutty and contradict themselves others are a little more [​IMG]
    You know what's funny? Conspiracy theory is nothing more than a business industry, just like the church. The guys who make the videos are getting paid for spreading nonsense, especially Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura. Unfortunately, the people who believe the conspiracy nonsense never get the picture. Just like church-goers.

3. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

casey anthony's great grand-uncle was a member of the illuminati and they crept up the american judicial system to make sure she never serves time.

* if something happens to me, please keep this post alive.

they'll have to shut me down too bro. [​IMG]

I once read that KFC is owned by the KKK and the secret recipe includes chemicals that make only black men impotent.

[​IMG]

the craziest conspiracy theory I've read was teh whole 'replacing Paul Mccartney with a lookalike after he died in a car accident.' It was super annoying at how the beetles supposedly left clues here and there, and if you listen to some of their songs backwards blah blah blah. I could give a shit about conspiracy theories.

- brainwashed person

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Just throwing this out there:

JEWS

5. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

The faked moon landing conspiracy was a good one.

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Both the last Super Bowl and the NBA final were fixed.

1. Because of Ben Roethlisberger barroom antics, NFL commissioner Goodell couldn't be seen handing the NFL's championship trophy to alleged rapist. Remember it was Roethlisberger who was having the worst game of his career.

2. LeBron James disses the city of Cleveland (which really isn't that hard to do) on national television and goes on to "disappear" in the 4th quarter of games throughout the finals.

7. Unbreakable

Unbreakable Senior member

Both the last Super Bowl and the NBA final were fixed.

1. Because of Ben Roethlisberger barroom antics, NFL commissioner Goodell couldn't be seen handing the NFL's championship trophy to alleged rapist. Remember it was Roethlisberger who was having the worst game of his career.

2. LeBron James disses the city of Cleveland (which really isn't that hard to do) on national television and goes on to "disappear" in the 4th quarter of games throughout the finals.

meh, I just like to believe that all games are fixed. Does that make me one of them? [​IMG]

Lebrons 3? bad game streak does seem fishy though.... 1 game yeah we can believe, but 3? [​IMG]

8. Barnabus

Barnabus Senior member

There's supposed to be lizard people under my states airport oh and nazis too.[​IMG]

9. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

you guise should listen to Conspiracy by Paramore. It's got nothing to do with the subject at hand but, it's a good song.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

there's a thread somewhere from a year or two ago that listed out a bunch of conspiracy theories. Try do a search and you might find it. I remember it being pretty interesting.

11. w.mj

w.mj Senior member

Jack Ruby. The thought that this sleazeball shot Oswald in a fit of patriotic outrage seems ludicrous to me. Then again, I grew up in modern America, so the thought that any concerned citizen acts out of patriotic outrage seems ludicrous.

Seriously though, JFK conspiracy theorists always focus on supposed physical improprieties (the head snapped back, magic bullet, yadda yadda yadda) when there's a glaring logical inconsistency right in the center of things. How did the country collectively come to accept that Ruby was a concerned citizen? I await the wisdom of older and wiser members.

12. RSS

RSS Senior member

Also, floride is added to our tap water to numb our brains and make us easier to control.[/IMG]
    That's better than what they did to the water in The Thanatos Syndrome. Of course, that was intended to be understood as fiction.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

magic johnson has f.a.i.d.s.

14. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

there's a thread somewhere from a year or two ago that listed out a bunch of conspiracy theories. Try do a search and you might find it. I remember it being pretty interesting.

Are you referring to the Unsolved Mysteries thread?

15. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

Looking at international political history (in my case through international relations), one finds the paths of nations and empires littered with conspiracy and collusion.

Spokesmen like to dismiss clandestine, "immoral", and other unsavoury acts as conspiracy theories. After all, who in 1939 America would believe that British agents had been working clandestinely to villify Nazi Germany? Or better yet that governments around the world often use similar psychological tactics used by the advertising industry to push their point of view?

The vast majority of individual "conspiracies" do not end with the fantastical and legendary assassination of world-renowned leaders (Julius Caesar). However, that does not make them less insidious.