• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Meetup: South Texas Edition Updated

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
3. Infrastructure to provide support for members who want to meet IRL (yeah, it does happen) including helping organizers get venues for events, arrange for sponsors to provide food and drinks, etc…
Maybe we'll get a chance to utilize this

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
Maybe we'll get a chance to utilize this

Hoping so as well. In the meantime, will just use this thread.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Honestly, I prefer SA to Houston, as far as culture and entertainment.

Leaning more towards this as well. Think JMRouse would also agree. Not ruling out Austin though. There is definitely a bbq joint or two I would love to hit up.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
Leaning more towards this as well. Think JMRouse would also agree. Not ruling out Austin though. There is definitely a bbq joint or two I would love to hit up.

Actually would prefere Austin to get out of town, but there are plenty of places we could hit here in SA.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MarcInDentonTx
If you are looking for a great place in San Antonio, I recently had dinner at the Omni La Mansión del Rio's "Las Canarias" restaurant. Really wonderful food, impeccable service.. a AAA 4 Diamond restaurant. And a bunch of well dressed guys will fit right in. The sommelier is a real gent and knows his stuff.

Just sayin..

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks very nice from what I can see online. Interested in partaking in a meetup?

Originally Posted by shahanshah
Hey mouse if you do El Paso I'm down

uhoh.gif

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd love to make a meet! I live in downtown Austin, and I may know a few good places depending on the day and time. I wouldn't be able to make a meet in San Antonio or in Houston though.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm down for Austin or SA!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
I'd love to make a meet! I live in downtown Austin, and I may know a few good places depending on the day and time. I wouldn't be able to make a meet in San Antonio or in Houston though.

SA's not far at all from Austin, I would think anyone in the Austin area could make it if the meet-up is held there.

Originally Posted by HgaleK
I'm down for Austin or SA!

Awesome.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Garbage Mouth

Reaction score
This would've been cool to do, as I'm in Irving, TX right now, visiting family. I'm not from TX but I come here a lot and I've always liked it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this meetup has potential to be epic with the forces of Thomas, HgaleK, and JRMouse form a tri-fecta

*see edit

throw the hoff in and its a legit all star line up

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks very nice from what I can see online. Interested in partaking in a meetup?

Depending on the date and my travel schedule I'd be good for that.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be in if it's not the weekend of the 30th. I have a stupid wedding that I'm in. It will be lame, for sure, but I digress. A Houston meetup would be badass as well.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
SA's not far at all from Austin, I would think anyone in the Austin area could make it if the meet-up is held there.

San Antone isn't far from Austin, but I don't have a car and have no means to travel there. Austin is a great entertaining city with more to offer in my opinion.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the heat, my jeep has enough room for you and a couple of others who may need lifts. I have to pass through downtown to get to SA anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads