SF Meetup: South Texas Edition Updated

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Imhoff, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    This is shaping up nicely so far.

2. phreak

phreak Senior member

If you don't mind the heat, my jeep has enough room for you and a couple of others who may need lifts. I have to pass through downtown to get to SA anyway.

On a similar note..

PM me if someone wants to split gas from Houston or Galveston

3. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Very good interest so far. According to J and the gang, new SF should be running 13th. Hope the meetup feature will be up and running.

4. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Is there a date on this yet?

My participation in August is looking doubtful. Moving at the beginning of the month. Taking my son to school back East on the 11th. The other starts college in the 18th.

Busy month.

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

You fucking assholes. [​IMG]

6. Jr Mouse

You fucking assholes. [​IMG]

Fly down for the weekend. [​IMG]

7. landshark

landshark Senior member

If you don't mind the heat, my jeep has enough room for you and a couple of others who may need lifts. I have to pass through downtown to get to SA anyway.
    Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know. For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.

8. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Fly down for the weekend. [​IMG]

Make a collection and I'll come down and party*

*like a rockstar

9. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

*like a rockstar

Bah! We were just waiting for you to leave. Who the hell moves to a Yankee state from the great land of Texas!

Landshark- I always keep the Jeep stripped

10. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know. For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.
    So far, it is looking to be San Antonio at this rate. And I agree about the dress code. Casual wear for sure since it will still be hot and humid outside. And whoever shows up in flip-flops buys a round of drinks for everyone. Hahaha. As far as venues, probably need to stay near Riverwalk with places to eat and bar hoping. I don't know any other area that is as easily accessible.

11. Jr Mouse

*like a rockstar

[​IMG] I'll pitch in $25.

It's just bad timing with your move. Imhoff said he was going to be flying down to SA a long while back and we talked about a possible meet-up for SF then.

Only if we go down 35 with the doors off. In all seriousness, yes, that would be fine if we end up in San Antonio. If you want to meet up sometime sooner to get familiar, let me know.

For the meeting, we'll need to definitely determine a city (so far Austin & San Antonio are ahead) the type of event (restaurant, bar, movie, art gallery, the Alamo, etc.), and a loose dress code so that nobody is too over or under dressed.

So far, it is looking to be San Antonio at this rate. And I agree about the dress code. Casual wear for sure since it will still be hot and humid outside. And whoever shows up in flip-flops buys a round of drinks for everyone. Hahaha.

As far as venues, probably need to stay near Riverwalk with places to eat and bar hoping. I don't know any other area that is as easily accessible.

I'm surprised Austin is not getting more votes. Lots of great bars and restaurants within walking distance. I do agree that if this ends up in SA we should do downtown. Only real way to bar hop on foot.

Also agree that everyone shouldn't feel expected to get super dressed up or anything. Being SF, I'm sure no one is going to come in shorts and a tee-shirt, but no need to go overboard. Casual to semi-casual works well.

12. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

How's the selection of bars that are 18+? I'm 20 for the next 11 months.

*Not asking for booze, just a spot to sit with AC.

13. landshark

landshark Senior member

Find someone who looks like you and borrow their drivers license.

14. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

How's the selection of bars that are 18+? I'm 20 for the next 11 months. *Not asking for booze, just a spot to sit with AC.
    You're 20 and never hooked yourself up with a fake at 17-18 when you first went to uni, somewhat surprised. [​IMG] PS: I'd like to add, I appreciate your posts and sharing of knowledge on the forum in general. I didn't know jack-shit nearly as much as you at that age. I was just coming to from being a drunken, titty-ogling adolescent then. It wasn't until my Junior year I started getting my shit together. I'd always pegged you as early/mid-20s.

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Gale is a total twink.