• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty bad meal last time I was there after a basketball game last year but it was a full steak dinner. I've only enjoyed the steak and eggs as the steak and eggs combo itself but I believe they only serve it certain hours. Just have good memories of it, but its been a while for that and I might have been drunk....I just remember the sourdough bread with butter was insanely buttery/greasy and made a nice steak-egg-bread sandwhich.

Phillipes is a bit far from the convention center, if he just wanted something walking distance.

LA Live....not really anything I'd go to there. I've eaten at Rosa Mexicano and it was "ok" upscale mexican food. Katsuya is expensive and not really unhealthy. Yardhouse has decent burgers but its a chain.

The Tijuana dogs on the street are pretty gross since they're usually undercooked.

JL77

Reaction score
You can go south about a mile on Figueroa to Chano's, a little Mexican stand that's a USC staple. I've had their carne asada nachos probably 50 times over the years.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You've been to Chano's? Ha. We'd only stumble over there if we wasted and it was past midnight. You know they opened a second one next to the Coli?

**** Chano's. Go across the street to La Taquiza and get yourself a mulita or a Korean bbq taco. The mulita is pretty legendary, though.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You've been to Chano's? Ha. We'd only stumble over there if we wasted and it was past midnight. You know they opened a second one next to the Coli?

**** Chano's. Go across the street to La Taquiza and get yourself a mulita or a Korean bbq taco. The mulita is pretty legendary, though.

+1 Chano's sucks. I only ever went there because it was the only alternative to fast food that was still open and within walking distance.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hit up Aframe for lunch yesterday. got some fish tacos which were awesome. they used cotija cheese and the fish was fried in a tempura batter....awesome stuff.

tumblr_lnqbwkoxak1qcjwe5o1_500.jpg

pinoy

Reaction score
spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

i went a few months ago, really enjoyed it.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy

definitely good to hear that since my homie works there!

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the Roosevelt(wouldnt be first choice but getting a good rate)? How is it?

First trip back to la since moving in march, any new food spots i must hit ?
Cant fuckin wait for a joe jost mission.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it isn't in LA...but anybody hit up Bruxie in Old Town Orange yet? If you get past the hordes of Asians with DSLRs, it is pretty good!
And they have a new gastropub down the street called Haven...the burger looked pretty amazing. Opted for the goat curry instead. So if you guys are ever in OC...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There's some burger joint in oc that's supposed to be good too forgot the name. Will find out and check it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^that's the one, not surprised and a trip saved

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads