The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

I had a pretty bad meal last time I was there after a basketball game last year but it was a full steak dinner. I've only enjoyed the steak and eggs as the steak and eggs combo itself but I believe they only serve it certain hours. Just have good memories of it, but its been a while for that and I might have been drunk....I just remember the sourdough bread with butter was insanely buttery/greasy and made a nice steak-egg-bread sandwhich.

Phillipes is a bit far from the convention center, if he just wanted something walking distance.

LA Live....not really anything I'd go to there. I've eaten at Rosa Mexicano and it was "ok" upscale mexican food. Katsuya is expensive and not really unhealthy. Yardhouse has decent burgers but its a chain.

The Tijuana dogs on the street are pretty gross since they're usually undercooked.

2. theom-

theom- Senior member

yeah i thought there wouldn't be much. I frickin hate LA live.

3. JL77

JL77 Affiliate Vendor

You can go south about a mile on Figueroa to Chano's, a little Mexican stand that's a USC staple. I've had their carne asada nachos probably 50 times over the years.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

You've been to Chano's? Ha. We'd only stumble over there if we wasted and it was past midnight. You know they opened a second one next to the Coli?

Fuck Chano's. Go across the street to La Taquiza and get yourself a mulita or a Korean bbq taco. The mulita is pretty legendary, though.

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

You've been to Chano's? Ha. We'd only stumble over there if we wasted and it was past midnight. You know they opened a second one next to the Coli?

Fuck Chano's. Go across the street to La Taquiza and get yourself a mulita or a Korean bbq taco. The mulita is pretty legendary, though.

+1 Chano's sucks. I only ever went there because it was the only alternative to fast food that was still open and within walking distance.

6. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

hit up Aframe for lunch yesterday. got some fish tacos which were awesome. they used cotija cheese and the fish was fried in a tempura batter....awesome stuff.

[​IMG]

7. pinoy

pinoy Senior member

spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

8. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

i went a few months ago, really enjoyed it.

9. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

definitely good to hear that since my homie works there!

10. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Has anyone stayed at the Roosevelt(wouldnt be first choice but getting a good rate)? How is it?

First trip back to la since moving in march, any new food spots i must hit ?
    Cant fuckin wait for a joe jost mission.

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

Jet is there all the time you can ask him.

Son of a Gun is good.

12. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I know it isn't in LA...but anybody hit up Bruxie in Old Town Orange yet? If you get past the hordes of Asians with DSLRs, it is pretty good!
    And they have a new gastropub down the street called Haven...the burger looked pretty amazing. Opted for the goat curry instead. So if you guys are ever in OC...

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

There's some burger joint in oc that's supposed to be good too forgot the name. Will find out and check it.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Slater's 50/50?

I think pg2g said it was ok but not really worth it. Couldn't really taste the bacon in the patty or justify the long wait.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

^that's the one, not surprised and a trip saved