• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethelights

Reaction score
Went to Wisconsin this morning to buy beer and fireworks, made a thrift stop over there and found: Oxxford houndstooth Cashwool size 40 short?
5898476828_812d1f0a6a_z.jpg
5898471416_fdff2fe69f_z.jpg
5898471116_b9b4e41360_z.jpg
Scotch & Soda cotton blazer size L (50). looks pretty much new (If anyone can tell me when this might be from let me know, I'm having trouble finding anything like it).
5897905453_09178d5ae5_z.jpg
5898469930_a8c68e10d0_z.jpg
5898470554_03b8504dd6_z.jpg
5897905993_a988c39dc2_z.jpg
Haven't decided if i'm keeping either of them, both seem to fit decent

Lin

Reaction score
Was happy to find these Allen Edmonds 11.5 D loafers today, in pretty good shape. (First try at posting a pic. Aplogies if it doesn't work).

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Wow, that's a great deal! Lemme know how you like it. I've been debating on purchasing something like this for awhile now. Ironing is a pain.
Will do. I tried it out there and it did a decent job but the lady I bought it from said it worked better if you sprayed a little starch on the cotton first. As I am planning on going strictly with BB no iron slim fits, I will most likely be using this to take the wrinkles out of wool pants and such between cleanings. Maybe fold and press a stack of boxers all at one time or something!
Originally Posted by Lin
Was happy to find these Allen Edmonds 11.5 D loafers today, in pretty good shape. (First try at posting a pic. Aplogies if it doesn't work).
The thing I love about AE tassels is that you can adjust the fit by reknotting the tassel cords more tightly or loosely as needed. Just be careful not to pull on the tassels themselves. They WILL come off and then you have to fix it or visit the cobbler which defeats the purpose of finding the shoes for a low price. BTW...I loves me some AE's. Nice find!

Lin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Will do. I tried it out there and it did a decent job but the lady I bought it from said it worked better if you sprayed a little starch on the cotton first. As I am planning on going strictly with BB no iron slim fits, I will most likely be using this to take the wrinkles out of wool pants and such between cleanings. Maybe fold and press a stack of boxers all at one time or something!

The thing I love about AE tassels is that you can adjust the fit by reknotting the tassel cords more tightly or loosely as needed. Just be careful not to pull on the tassels themselves. They WILL come off and then you have to fix it or visit the cobbler which defeats the purpose of finding the shoes for a low price.

BTW...I loves me some AE's. Nice find!

Thank you for the tip!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
The thing I love about AE tassels is that you can adjust the fit by reknotting the tassel cords more tightly or loosely as needed. Just be careful not to pull on the tassels themselves. They WILL come off and then you have to fix it or visit the cobbler which defeats the purpose of finding the shoes for a low price.

BTW...I loves me some AE's. Nice find!

This "remedy" sounds very...

5042808597.jpg
-ey

lol8[1].gif

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few bits this weekend:

- Huntsman RTW suit in a solid blue DB
- Cordings bespoke (handmade) covert coat in a very heavyweight cloth
- Alpaca blend pink kit tie
- Bottle green cummerbund with boars heads embroidered on it

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
This "remedy" sounds very...
5042808597.jpg
-ey
lol8[1].gif

It's more like THIS.
laugh.gif
gel-heel-pad-tb28-199.jpg
My Nashuas were unwearable, even though they were my natural size, I was walking out of them with almost every step. I was getting toe cramp from trying to keep them on my feet. I wasted almost $10 on those stupid pads pictured above to no avail. Then I pulled the cords tighter and reknotted and now they are quite comfortable. Of course, I pulled the tassel off and had to effect a repair involving a Swingline desktop stapler and a pair of needlenose pliers.
ffffuuuu.gif

Lin

Reaction score
Can you experienced posters pls tell me why my previous pic (shoes) showed up, but this time it was a link? Used imageshack both times. Advice appreciated.

JMayle

Reaction score
In the shoes post you used IMG tags, in the scarf post you didn't.

When looking at the pic on the ImageShack page, click on the "Imbed this Image" drop down menu, then copy the "Forum" link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads