• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to run/jog with a girl?

Star

Reaction score
One of my better looking colleagues at work has agreed to go for a run/jog with me at lunch time. She is above average fit i.e. she can jog a few miles but by no means a Tri Athlete. So my question is how should I run so she gets something out of it or another way to put it 'how does a physically and fitness superior guy run with a girl?

1) Alpha Male Run - Take off and leave her (Least Desirable)

2) Keep enough distance so she has to chase after me. Means I have to continually look over my shoulder but would serve the purpose of her having to push herself and chase me (which usually happens when 2 people jog/run together)

3) Jog next to her and chat (the less I talk the better )

4) Mix of 2 and 3

She is pretty good looking and I dont know her to well other than a few exchanges and our scheduled run. I asked her for the run as I wanted to try my luck and my only way in - nothing gained nothing lost. I guess I will also have to throw some cheakiness so it is not all running and boredom : )

All comments welcome.

imhotep

Reaction score
facepalm.gif

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spence
Run next to her but push her just a bit.
This. You aren't competing with her...you wanted to socialize, right? Is there no chance she is fitter than you?

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
next to her and push her a bit to make yourself look all macho and fit.
if you are the one that will be falling behind during the run, i'd advise not to run with her. chicks dig fit guys and especially the chicks that are in shape

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a date. You've asked to spend time alone with her so that you can impress her. She said yes; now you have to impress her. Good luck. No pressure.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't the kenyans actually do training runs where they average something in the 10min-11min/mile pace? like literally two hours worth of that pace.

its a skill onto itself i think, learning to run slow like that and still get a great workout.

here's my advice (its what I do when my wife wants to run with me): just run your usual run beforehand and subtract a mile or two... then call her and then do a last cool down couple of miles with her.

you'll look alpha - because you ran beforehand, and also courteous and thoughtful because you can just jog with her and shoot the ****.

Originally Posted by Star
One of my better looking colleagues at work has agreed to go for a run/jog with me at lunch time. She is above average fit i.e. she can jog a few miles but by no means a Tri Athlete. So my question is how should I run so she gets something out of it or another way to put it 'how does a physically and fitness superior guy run with a girl?

1) Alpha Male Run - Take off and leave her (Least Desirable)

2) Keep enough distance so she has to chase after me. Means I have to continually look over my shoulder but would serve the purpose of her having to push herself and chase me (which usually happens when 2 people jog/run together)

3) Jog next to her and chat (the less I talk the better )

4) Mix of 2 and 3

She is pretty good looking and I dont know her to well other than a few exchanges and our scheduled run. I asked her for the run as I wanted to try my luck and my only way in - nothing gained nothing lost. I guess I will also have to throw some cheakiness so it is not all running and boredom : )

All comments welcome.

Star

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
Behind her.

smile.gif
Yes that would be a great view. Maybe I can be a little cheeky and fall behind and pretend I am struggling and then take off : )

Originally Posted by Perfection
Yes behind to keep a close eye on her speed and movements close enough to speak but sneak in a soft little tap on the butt cheek.
the run should be relaxed if you want to go fast... then its the girls choice.

smile.gif
Thats a high risk (but also high reward) move.

Originally Posted by spence
Run next to her but push her just a bit.

Yes I agree with that too at some part of the run.

Originally Posted by innerstyle
My advice? Don't fish off the company pier.

Yeah I agree with you there. Although I dont have much to do with her professionally and she keeps quiet I do stuff for her boss and most of her immediate colleagues. Not their business and I dont give a f...k what others think but heck would not want to make it awkward for her. Will be discrete.

Originally Posted by corneliusparky
This. You aren't competing with her...you wanted to socialize, right? Is there no chance she is fitter than you?

Yes but unlikely. She is a jogger which means she concentrates on distance. The route I am going to take her on I can obliterate (take off at pace) the route and lose her if I need to. (Did one run once with an amateur Irish Triathlete and yes she beat me)

Originally Posted by OakCreekHitter
next to her and push her a bit to make yourself look all macho and fit.
if you are the one that will be falling behind during the run, i'd advise not to run with her. chicks dig fit guys and especially the chicks that are in shape

Yep. I will try.

Originally Posted by alliswell
this is a date. You've asked to spend time alone with her so that you can impress her. She said yes; now you have to impress her. Good luck. No pressure.

Other than asking on this forum part for advice and part for entertainment, I am not going to take it all too seriously. I got a yes from her so that is a small victory. I hope she is not naive type and quite literally thinks its all just an honest friendly run (real women know when a guy is showing interest) . Short of grabbing her ass I need to tease a little, show off a little, and leave the impression that she wants to re-engage with me and that she didnt waste her time.

resartus

Reaction score
You need to wear tube socks pulled all the way up, short shorts with white piping, and a shirt cut off to reveal your midriff. Then run backwards a few paces ahead of her and shout encouragement. If you can do all this on the beach, you'll have that ass locked in. edit: like this

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Style Forum is full of social marsupials.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been done before....
bush_bike_wideweb__430x301.jpg
bush_lance_armstrong.jpg

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 1 but then I'm a spotty little virgin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics