• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pteroaltum
Would you shoot this under better lighting? I can't tell where one piece ends and the other begins. I am sure it'll look a lot better. As is, you look quite uncomfortable in front of the camera.
biggrin.gif
I don't see the charming defiance, confidence and exuberance that your posts exude.

You're a handsome fellow. Smile. Wave an arm. Shoulders back. Something! Even with this morose aesthetic.

Granted all of the above may be the antithesis and mostly is to lanes intent here, I have to +1. The sulky pose and dim colors don't up this fit in any way. I like you as a poster, and with respect, you just look lost and out of your element with this clothing. I would double glance you on the street, but not in a good way.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clark kent
not a very flattering outfit, but i need some advice on hemming the jeans. i'm obviously going to hem them, but should i leave room to stack or not to stack?

YTTiJ.jpg

ToJ
gilded age
stronghold
MMM

The jeans should sit on your shoes, with a slight break (perhaps). Those are like 4-6" too long!
confused.gif

Change the shirt, too.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you shoot this under better lighting? I can't tell where one piece ends and the other begins. I am sure it'll look a lot better. As is, you look quite uncomfortable in front of the camera.
biggrin.gif
I don't see the charming defiance, confidence and exuberance that your posts exude. You're a handsome fellow. Smile. Wave an arm. Shoulders back. Something! Even with this morose aesthetic.

im lazy so I just take it in the same place, I'll look for better lighted places sometime. Also, I just feel awkward when taking photos so I dunno. I also usually just try to look like a somber individual. thanks for the kind words, though
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
lane, forgive me if this is the gothninja style, but those really tight jeans and boots are a) really clownshoes-y b) really incongruous with the top.
It does look better with my dropcrotch pants, but I wanted to wear tight jeans that day. Those shoes are the **** son like I said before all my pictures make my shoes look like that I dunno why, lol. kinda too top heavy right now cuz of the jeans tightness and chickenlegs. I definitely need more voluminous bottoms in my wardrobe, only have some linen pants and some dropcrotch ****.
Originally Posted by fuji
That sounds sick, I don't suppose you could post an up close photo of the fabric, it looks interesting.
ok
Originally Posted by slack tide
Granted all of the above may be the antithesis and mostly is to lanes intent here, I have to +1. The sulky pose and dim colors don't up this fit in any way. I like you as a poster, and with respect, you just look lost and out of your element with this clothing. I would double glance you on the street, but not in a good way.
lol

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Randroid_Republican
c8af5jhngwt2dnckzpg.jpg

Open or concealed carry in your area? That chunk looks a wee bit big for concealed carry. Jeans suck though. Get some APC in your life. And congrats on getting SF's collective panties wound up by posting a gun.
Originally Posted by Lane
EySME.jpg

Speaking of panties.
laugh.gif
You talk a lot of **** for a guy who dresses like a complete wanker. Go write a dark poem and pout about that.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll write a gloomy poem about how sad it is that people continually throw money down the drain when they shop at Jcrew.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Randroid_Republican
c8af5jhngwt2dnckzpg.jpg

Would you shoot this under better lighting?

I can't tell where one piece ends and the other begins. I am sure it'll look a lot better.

As is, you look quite uncomfortable in front of the camera.
biggrin.gif
I don't see the charming defiance, confidence and exuberance that your posts exude.

You're a handsome fellow. Smile. Wave an arm. Shoulders back. Something! Even with this morose aesthetic.

teacha.gif

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks to aeglus and reedobandito for your thoughts on the suit. The shoulders do look too big. It's TaT time, isn't it.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you shoot this under better lighting? .
without many manipulations with color/etc
WeuOs.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it started with me wanting to manipulate it so I could show off the jeans details, cuz pretty much all my fitpics to date look like im just wearing some tight pants. However, after playing around a bit I never got the intended result, but instead changed the look.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a question for aeglus or reedobandito: Reedobandito said the suit is ill-fitting in ways "a tailor can't fix." Is it the boxiness you're talking about? Or what are you seeing? I'm here to learn. any advice would be great.

5887918015_6c1b858328_b.jpg

5888486432_03ec2e7ace_z.jpg

5888485472_5f479db44b_z.jpg

5888484352_2fd7f76fc7_z.jpg

LJubel328

Reaction score
aether: hendrix? what do you mean?

Back home with the family for 4th of July weekend. About to go out shopping with mom, like the good ole days.

IMG_1241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads