• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Left Eye

Reaction score
Does anyone know if acrimony in SF is getting the sneakers? I wanna try them on before I purchase them, I don't wanna get the wrong size. Can't decide if I wanna go with high top or low top, damn it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Because they can't/didnt adopt a standard sizing it will result in thousands of dollars in returns. Being a WH stockist would be cool...for a second. Then everyone returns their ****. I'm not pre ordering **** until I hear more than 'a half size bigger than CPs". Fortunately there are plenty of 400 buck sneaks. Leather laces are a nice touch. Their last sneaker release was literally garbage so can't wait to see the redemption shoe!

I wear a size 43 in Common Projects, and will get a 43 in the low whites (already on order.) I tried on the size 42 samples, and they actually fit with no real cramping, but they were snug, and I prefer a little more room in my kicks. They are definitely a bit wider than Common Projects Achilles - I'd say that they are more on par with the old shelltoes, if anyone else except for me still has a pair of those.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Local_Disk
Damn, being in between shoe sizes suck. 43 common projects fit my feet perfectly for a 10.5 US. If theyre shorter and wider than CP's, I'm not sure if im a 43 or 44 in these.

Get the 43.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Slack, not sure where the hate is all coming from? Maybe because I'm overly critical of your fits or something and don't like the anti-fit pants? The truth is you're one of the only posters I bother to post about because I actually like you and your similar W+H adoration. This is also the same reason why I'm critical of all things Wings + Horns and don't mind having my say.

As far as being cheap/can't afford? Huh? I've bought the bush pants in both colors, the orange mac, and two of the organic terry blazers (black and charcoal) from this past spring. And I also have two of the pants from this fall on pre-order. I actually don't even own the double-layer hoodie, since I had a store put it aside for me while I was there since my debit card reached its limit (buying the bush pants in blue). The next day I decided I wasn't interested in it despite it being not fully marked-up (Len Druskin rocks). Although, now I fully regret it because I think the double jersey is the most interesting and comfortable fabric they've released.

Calm down, man. Yikes.

Edit - Was your comment in part a direct response to my comment about sneaker pricing? I didn't even see your other post about not discussing pricing, I was responding to the guy who said they weren't worth it at $400, so I apologize I suppose if you thought it was a direct attack on your comment?

89andy

Reaction score
gonna have to cop the all black high tops. Although since living in Vancouver I'm going to get taxed by roden gray which makes a ridiculous price all the more ridiculous, so I need to find a US retailer. I'm guessing the US retail price will be lower as well like all W+H? I wouldn't mind $380 USD AS MUCH...compared to $400+tax cdn...thats like almost 450!

Brinbro

Reaction score
I agree. I'm not sure they're cleaner than CP training boots, since I think the W+H seem much clunkier (which isn't a bad thing, it's just different). They look really substantial, which goes a long way towards justifying their price tag. I bet they're thick, too, which is nice. Honestly these appear much more boot-like than I ever imagined a sneaker could be which is perfect for fall.

Originally Posted by Dbear
Honestly, Brinbro has a point.
I pre-ordered because it's the cleanest looking black high top sneaker I've seen (with a zipper). I also only have 1 pair of sneakers right now (white jack purcells $50). I don't think I could have pulled the trigger if I didn't have an absolute void in my sneaker collection. But having said that...they look sick!
happy.gif

linds_15

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 89andy
gonna have to cop the all black high tops. Although since living in Vancouver I'm going to get taxed by roden gray which makes a ridiculous price all the more ridiculous, so I need to find a US retailer. I'm guessing the US retail price will be lower as well like all W+H? I wouldn't mind $380 USD AS MUCH...compared to $400+tax cdn...thats like almost 450!

By the time you get em shipped from the states it might not be worth it. Do you shop at Rosen often? I've never been but here in Toronto I do my shopping at nomad and they tend to do at least no tax

89andy

Reaction score
nomad does no tax? Anyways, usually I get it shipped right across the border, which is quite close. Then pick'em up there and wear whatever I got. Best way to avoid everything.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So Fahim at RG is telling us to basically size up from our CP size, citing that they run 1/2 size small, but also says they run wide. Fok says they are pretty much true to CP size.

I'm a 42 in CP, and they are tight...no way I could wear anything smaller. I'm a 43 in MMM and a 10 in Nike. I wear the CP's in 42 because the 43's are too long, and CP's break in perfectly.

I'm pretty confused with this sizing advice all around. Fahim's advice says I should get a 43, but Fok says he wears a CP 43 and 43 in these and I know 43 in CP is too big for me, which leads me to believe I'd be a 42...but apparently they run "smaller" than CP.

Can anyone clarify further? Thanks

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry man. I gotta play the I was drunk card here...

My sincere apologies

Originally Posted by Brinbro
Slack, not sure where the hate is all coming from? Maybe because I'm overly critical of your fits or something and don't like the anti-fit pants? The truth is you're one of the only posters I bother to post about because I actually like you and your similar W+H adoration. This is also the same reason why I'm critical of all things Wings + Horns and don't mind having my say.

As far as being cheap/can't afford? Huh? I've bought the bush pants in both colors, the orange mac, and two of the organic terry blazers (black and charcoal) from this past spring. And I also have two of the pants from this fall on pre-order. I actually don't even own the double-layer hoodie, since I had a store put it aside for me while I was there since my debit card reached its limit (buying the bush pants in blue). The next day I decided I wasn't interested in it despite it being not fully marked-up (Len Druskin rocks). Although, now I fully regret it because I think the double jersey is the most interesting and comfortable fabric they've released.

Calm down, man. Yikes.

Edit - Was your comment in part a direct response to my comment about sneaker pricing? I didn't even see your other post about not discussing pricing, I was responding to the guy who said they weren't worth it at $400, so I apologize I suppose if you thought it was a direct attack on your comment?

thebunk

Reaction score
And Slack proves once again why he is one of the most stand-up dudes on this forum which is a true feat taking into consideration that we wallow in a sea of smarmy, smug *****.

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thebunk
And Slack proves once again why he is one of the most stand-up dudes on this forum which is a true feat taking into consideration that we wallow in a sea of smarmy, smug *****.

+1

Alcohol is EVIL
ffffuuuu.gif

Brinbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I'm sorry man. I gotta play the I was drunk card here...

My sincere apologies

I don't think my personality translates well to the internet sometimes. I can be a dick. So, you don't need to apologize I just need to tone it down some.

malcolm4819

Reaction score
Preordered a eu44 (us:size 11) in the Hi Black toe caps..Heard from several sources who've handled the samples that these are amazing and excellent quality lets hope this holds true in production. I love the design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads