Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

so roden sent out the sneaker pre order email..

2. max-t

max-t Senior member

wonder when acrimony is gonna reup on w+h i got $200 in credit with them forever and they havn't had a single piece i want in my size for months :/

3. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Probably late August or early September?

4. Feji

Feji Senior member

The pain of this email...since I'm looking into real estate at the moment. My gf will be pretty pissed if i make any purchases [​IMG]

5. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

6. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i like the shoes but wouldnt pay that much for them, just not worth that amount to me

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

are you ordering. weren't you less than impressed with one pair you had a from a few seasons ago. times may have changed tho.

8. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

are you ordering. weren't you less than impressed with one pair you had a from a few seasons ago. times may have changed tho.
    Times have changed I think. I'll probably pre-order the black zipped high tops. The ones from a few years ago were a bit cheap to the look and touch. The soles weren't hot at all and the leather was sub par. I'm hoping the rumors are true that they may be made on the CP shop floor (as rumored a Roden employee told a SF member). I'm waiting to hear some sizing info before I pull the trigger though. I'm still considering the white lows too.. just so many white sneakers already. fingers crossed they wind up corresponding to common projects so people can skip over all the sizing questions and BS..
    i like the shoes but wouldnt pay that much for them, just not worth that amount to me
    Nothing personal against you linds, but we should leave pricing gripes out of this in my opinion. CP's, MMM's...they all retail for $400 plus. The lux sneaker price debate has been discussed ad nauseum and those comments only perpetuate a stale back and forth.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

im liking those faded jeans they model the sneakers with. cut and wash looks nice. are those f/w too?

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

im liking those faded jeans they model the sneakers with. cut and wash looks nice. are those f/w too?
    Yes, those are f/w to the best of my knowledge. the 'denim program' was supposed to begin last April but was delayed. From my recollection, there will be one or two raw cuts, and several washed varieties (the washed/distressed being more expensive). I would hope for October'ish time frame...($180 for raws, and progressively higher for the different washes) I got this pair of KMW's to tide me over until they release them (and assuming I like the cuts..) [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Times have changed I think. I'll probably pre-order the black zipped high tops. The ones from a few years ago were a bit cheap to the look and touch. The soles weren't hot at all and the leather was sub par. I'm hoping the rumors are true that they may be made on the CP shop floor (as rumored a Roden employee told a SF member). I'm waiting to hear some sizing info before I pull the trigger though. I'm still considering the white lows too.. just so many white sneakers already.

fingers crossed they wind up corresponding to common projects so people can skip over all the sizing questions and BS..

Nothing personal against you linds, but we should leave pricing gripes out of this in my opinion. CP's, MMM's...they all retail for $400 plus. The lux sneaker price debate has been discussed ad nauseum and those comments only perpetuate a stale back and forth.

i hope times have changed. i'm liking the white lows, but like you i have enough white sneakers. maybe it's just me, but i'm not feeling the zipper on the highs. i feel like the leather laces makes it different enough to be unique, but the zippers just make it busy.

+1 on the price issue. sick of these back and forths.

12. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

thanks for the info slack. those kmw are a good looking pair with a nice wash.
    iirc last time wh released jeans they were dior 19cm skinny :/
    hopefully this is not the case

13. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

i didnt mean that 400+ is too much or not worth it, im sure the quality is on point with these, just that personally i wouldnt drop that much on these models, id rather go with some cps or other shoes ive had my eye on, great shoe nonetheless

14. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Looking at the projected prices for the sneakers, and the prices at Roden, I'd say more like $200 for the raws. As far as the sneakers being worth $400, well no, they're not since it cost about 10% of that to make them, but is that the market they can go after and people will still snatch them up? Yes, obviously. CP has forever ruined the mid-baller sneaker market with their price inflation - genius really.

15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I don't remember RG being good with responding to emails, any chance they get back to us about sizing before the long weekend........