1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Wings + Horns F/W 2011

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dbear, Jun 1, 2011.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

lol, was it their automated response email saying they will get back to you?

nope. fahim responded with my measurements.

2. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

After further clarification with Wings + Horns, the FW '11 sneakers fit approximately half a size smaller than Common Projects. We recommend sticking to your normal size as they fit truer to size than Common Projects.

3. 97laxlude

97laxlude Well-Known Member

After further clarification with Wings + Horns, the FW '11 sneakers fit approximately half a size smaller than Common Projects. We recommend sticking to your normal size as they fit truer to size than Common Projects.

Did they mention if they run narrow like Common Projects?

4. Fahim.

Fahim. Well-Known Member

Did they mention if they run narrow like Common Projects?

I was told that they do fit wider than Common Projects.

5. Gatsbee

Gatsbee Well-Known Member

Is there anywhere to get the Burnt Orange Hoodie still? That thing is sick.

6. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

Because they can't/didnt adopt a standard sizing it will result in thousands of dollars in returns. Being a WH stockist would be cool...for a second. Then everyone returns their shit. I'm not pre ordering shit until I hear more than 'a half size bigger than CPs". Fortunately there are plenty of 400 buck sneaks. Leather laces are a nice touch. Their last sneaker release was literally garbage so can't wait to see the redemption shoe!

7. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

Damn, being in between shoe sizes suck. 43 common projects fit my feet perfectly for a 10.5 US. If theyre shorter and wider than CP's, I'm not sure if im a 43 or 44 in these.

8. slack tide

Edited -- drunk and irrelevant

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

I was told that they do fit wider than Common Projects.

They are wider yet smaller?

10. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

Honestly, Brinbro has a point.

It's hard to justify paying $400 for these sneakers off quality alone. Sure, it's a quality sneaker--suede, leather, leather laces, made in italy. But still, no matter how nice the leather, it's still a small fraction of the price. There simply isn't that much leather used on a shoe.

For $400, you're paying for the design and the desire. If you like it, you want it, and you're willing to pay for it, then it's all good. But don't fool yourself into thinking that its $400 worth of quality materials (of course taking into acct standard markup to the retailer and the retailer to the consumer).

I pre-ordered because it's the cleanest looking black high top sneaker I've seen (with a zipper). I also only have 1 pair of sneakers right now (white jack purcells $50). I don't think I could have pulled the trigger if I didn't have an absolute void in my sneaker collection. But having said that...they look sick! [​IMG]

11. Left Eye

Left Eye Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if acrimony in SF is getting the sneakers? I wanna try them on before I purchase them, I don't wanna get the wrong size. Can't decide if I wanna go with high top or low top, damn it.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Because they can't/didnt adopt a standard sizing it will result in thousands of dollars in returns. Being a WH stockist would be cool...for a second. Then everyone returns their shit. I'm not pre ordering shit until I hear more than 'a half size bigger than CPs". Fortunately there are plenty of 400 buck sneaks. Leather laces are a nice touch. Their last sneaker release was literally garbage so can't wait to see the redemption shoe!

I wear a size 43 in Common Projects, and will get a 43 in the low whites (already on order.) I tried on the size 42 samples, and they actually fit with no real cramping, but they were snug, and I prefer a little more room in my kicks. They are definitely a bit wider than Common Projects Achilles - I'd say that they are more on par with the old shelltoes, if anyone else except for me still has a pair of those.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Damn, being in between shoe sizes suck. 43 common projects fit my feet perfectly for a 10.5 US. If theyre shorter and wider than CP's, I'm not sure if im a 43 or 44 in these.

Get the 43.

14. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

Slack, not sure where the hate is all coming from? Maybe because I'm overly critical of your fits or something and don't like the anti-fit pants? The truth is you're one of the only posters I bother to post about because I actually like you and your similar W+H adoration. This is also the same reason why I'm critical of all things Wings + Horns and don't mind having my say.

As far as being cheap/can't afford? Huh? I've bought the bush pants in both colors, the orange mac, and two of the organic terry blazers (black and charcoal) from this past spring. And I also have two of the pants from this fall on pre-order. I actually don't even own the double-layer hoodie, since I had a store put it aside for me while I was there since my debit card reached its limit (buying the bush pants in blue). The next day I decided I wasn't interested in it despite it being not fully marked-up (Len Druskin rocks). Although, now I fully regret it because I think the double jersey is the most interesting and comfortable fabric they've released.

Calm down, man. Yikes.

Edit - Was your comment in part a direct response to my comment about sneaker pricing? I didn't even see your other post about not discussing pricing, I was responding to the guy who said they weren't worth it at $400, so I apologize I suppose if you thought it was a direct attack on your comment?

15. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

gonna have to cop the all black high tops. Although since living in Vancouver I'm going to get taxed by roden gray which makes a ridiculous price all the more ridiculous, so I need to find a US retailer. I'm guessing the US retail price will be lower as well like all W+H? I wouldn't mind $380 USD AS MUCH...compared to $400+tax cdn...thats like almost 450!

16. Brinbro

Brinbro Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm not sure they're cleaner than CP training boots, since I think the W+H seem much clunkier (which isn't a bad thing, it's just different). They look really substantial, which goes a long way towards justifying their price tag. I bet they're thick, too, which is nice. Honestly these appear much more boot-like than I ever imagined a sneaker could be which is perfect for fall.

Honestly, Brinbro has a point.
    I pre-ordered because it's the cleanest looking black high top sneaker I've seen (with a zipper). I also only have 1 pair of sneakers right now (white jack purcells $50). I don't think I could have pulled the trigger if I didn't have an absolute void in my sneaker collection. But having said that...they look sick! [​IMG]

17. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

gonna have to cop the all black high tops. Although since living in Vancouver I'm going to get taxed by roden gray which makes a ridiculous price all the more ridiculous, so I need to find a US retailer. I'm guessing the US retail price will be lower as well like all W+H? I wouldn't mind $380 USD AS MUCH...compared to $400+tax cdn...thats like almost 450!

By the time you get em shipped from the states it might not be worth it. Do you shop at Rosen often? I've never been but here in Toronto I do my shopping at nomad and they tend to do at least no tax

18. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

nomad does no tax? Anyways, usually I get it shipped right across the border, which is quite close. Then pick'em up there and wear whatever I got. Best way to avoid everything.

19. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

So Fahim at RG is telling us to basically size up from our CP size, citing that they run 1/2 size small, but also says they run wide. Fok says they are pretty much true to CP size.

I'm a 42 in CP, and they are tight...no way I could wear anything smaller. I'm a 43 in MMM and a 10 in Nike. I wear the CP's in 42 because the 43's are too long, and CP's break in perfectly.

I'm pretty confused with this sizing advice all around. Fahim's advice says I should get a 43, but Fok says he wears a CP 43 and 43 in these and I know 43 in CP is too big for me, which leads me to believe I'd be a 42...but apparently they run "smaller" than CP.

Can anyone clarify further? Thanks

20. slack tide

I'm sorry man. I gotta play the I was drunk card here...

My sincere apologies

Slack, not sure where the hate is all coming from? Maybe because I'm overly critical of your fits or something and don't like the anti-fit pants? The truth is you're one of the only posters I bother to post about because I actually like you and your similar W+H adoration. This is also the same reason why I'm critical of all things Wings + Horns and don't mind having my say.

As far as being cheap/can't afford? Huh? I've bought the bush pants in both colors, the orange mac, and two of the organic terry blazers (black and charcoal) from this past spring. And I also have two of the pants from this fall on pre-order. I actually don't even own the double-layer hoodie, since I had a store put it aside for me while I was there since my debit card reached its limit (buying the bush pants in blue). The next day I decided I wasn't interested in it despite it being not fully marked-up (Len Druskin rocks). Although, now I fully regret it because I think the double jersey is the most interesting and comfortable fabric they've released.

Calm down, man. Yikes.

Edit - Was your comment in part a direct response to my comment about sneaker pricing? I didn't even see your other post about not discussing pricing, I was responding to the guy who said they weren't worth it at $400, so I apologize I suppose if you thought it was a direct attack on your comment?