• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
Since I had a couple of inquires about where and how to buy vintage watches:
I was actually looking at several vintage watch sites listed on here, today. I guess I was looking for a real poor man's dress watch for myself haha. Definitely nicer than my everyday one...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Here is a pic of my Raketa on a shell strap:

bGJ0F.jpg

After seeing that Raketa and that Seiko...I just pulled the trigger on this Vintage Raketa
raketa100_big.jpg

raketa102_big.jpg

raketa103_big.jpg

Can't wait to see it!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the Raketa, hate the Casio. What are HEV suits, BTW?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
s_sarb031a.jpg

Thanks forex!

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post from the Watch Appreciation thread as it's applicable for this too... Looks like I can finally contribute to this thread - yay! Grabbed this Orient Star made in Japan from Seiya recently. I was about to pull the trigger on one of their Seiko's, but then I saw this and immediately liked it more. It's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for off and on for a few years: a classic 1950's era watch in the mold of the old school Omega's and Movado's that is automatic around 40mm and doesn't break the bank. Voila! It's gold plated which is fine with me. I also like the contrast stitching on the strap as it lends a slightly more casual feel to it.
IMG_2225.jpg
IMG_2228.jpg
IMG_2234.jpg
IMG_2236.jpg
IMG_2226.jpg
Here are the specs: ORIENT STAR WZ0031DG Automatic 22J * Movement : Automatic and Manual winding * Hack function * Box Crystal glass * +25/-15 sec day 40h power reserve * 38mm with out the crown * Case, Bracelet: Gold plated * Water Resistance: 5 ATM * Lug Size 20mm

justinsmnz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabe

Dang. I love Skagen. Which model is this?

Damn, I've been meaning to put that in my picture posts. That model is Skagen #241LSLC. IIRC, I snagged it for around $50 on Ebay.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an old watch that I have been carrying around with me for over 20 years in my button box. It is a stainless steel Timex Atlantis 100 that I purchased when the Timex Ironman was really popular amongst soldiers.

It had no band and the battery was dead. I took it to the guy who changes watch batteries expecting it to be ruined due to a battery leak. Took him 5 minutes and then I picked up a band from J Crew. It has been getting good wrist time.

9iwmy0.jpg

2i1o0p5.jpg

With another quartz:

f1xovl.jpg

nofz8w.jpg

Yes, the date is wrong on the Seiko.
blush.gif

wetnose

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the blue Prometheus Jellyfish:
%2BPRMOMETHEUS%2BJellyfish%2B03.jpg
Seiko automatic movement, tritium tubes, 300m WR, steel case, sapphire crystal. Also available in black, white and yellow. As to why it's called the Jellyfish...jellyfish produce their own bio-luminesence. Same thing with this watch - the tritium tubes are not as bright as a charged luminova dial, but give it 60 mins and the tubes are still glowing. In fact, they're always glowing .... but have a 12 year half life though. Bought mine direct from the company...good deal for $360.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads