• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
i am a total douche. i also work in the ib industry. please continue to stalk me. thank you.

You need some attention pills

dietpills.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Catching myself up
Originally Posted by Lane
FW2011 stuff looking really spectacular on luisviaroma.
This led me to finding out Decarnin was replaced by some young gun Olivier Rousteing (25 with 2 and change years at Balmain and 5 at Cavalli which is ridiculously impressive, though I doubt he has formal instruction so who's to say how he does at the head of the label). They're also starting up a diffusion this Fall (though I doubt it'll have menswear) and that Balmain jacket with the fur hood is teh awesome. FW11 is probably my favorite season in a few years and I haven't even finished looking at all the collections (Bottega, BOTTEGA!) even Varvatos had a number of things I liked
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=248363
A graduate of the Ghulkan school of Buying and Selling
Originally Posted by omgcookielol
Finally decided to pull the trigger on this Burberry London coat I was going back and forth on (mostly about sizing). Figured if it was a little off, I'd take it to a tailor and have some work done. I get to the site, and I can't find it. Pull up the live chat window, and it turns out that all of the coats that didn't sell last season have been sent to an outlet.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Unless it was made in USA or England (not likely), waste of money. Step your game up to Prorsum level.
Originally Posted by SPK
is opening cuff buttons on a blazer an easy job for a tailor?
Most jackets have the buttonholes already sewn, they just need to be cut open (which is to say, it takes half a second with a seam ripper)
Originally Posted by Abraxis
You don't understand. Whenever you paypal dispute if you go directly to the payment instrument (bank/credit card) they will resolve it for you much faster than paypal and will take care of you even when paypal rejects your claim. I have never heard of a situation where the payment instrument would not set you right, but paypal would. Picture a big circle with a little circle inside. Big circle is claims that bank/credit card will give you your money, little circle is paypal. Not much of a ven diagram. Credit card especially there's not a whole lot a merchant/seller can do if you have even a valid claim your credit card will side with you. They are too big to care and paypal is too sheisty to match them on that. It's like car accidents. The system/law/police whatever pretty much just assumes that whoever is hind-most is at fault because it's not worth figuring out that stuff. Same thing with credit cards. My friends who run various small online businesses hate how this works because they've been burned by fake chargebacks many times, but accept it and factor it in as cost of doing business. Enough people apparently don't realize how this works, or aren't sheisty enough to abuse to really make it a huge problem...
Mildly unrelated, but my bank recently sent me a new card due to suspicious activity on my account but didn't cancel/refund any purchases. Should have tried to get them to cover my Whistler trip and blamed it on some dirty Canadian hippiester

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
He probably just got a job and is starting to get paid which is why he is buying tons of expensive basics and acting high and mighty about it. Hes got 3000+ posts and was never even a blip on the radar until he tried to steal SQ's crazy ideas about sales and kop good ****. Too bad he failed at both.

edit - this is also my final post on this stupid subject.

i did get promoted to an associate last year ... i was an analyst for a couple years prior.

dont forget to continue to stalk me. thank you!

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After your post KitAkira I suppose I am not the only one right now who is going over Fall/Winter collections and picking up pieces that I want to get. Difficult process since I am trying to cut it down to 10 items and reasonable prices.

The green Lanvin loafers are already off the list because they retail for $990 on Lanvin.com. The Burberry Prorsum tree sweater as well, I wasn't expecting it to run upwards to $1400, crazy pills.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
kvc ahahahahahahahaaa

UserName84

Reaction score
KVC posts them in recent purchases 5/31/11:
Originally Posted by Kvc06
5783346849_481b68f10c_z.jpg

5783348833_456138f688.jpg

Originally Posted by jet
are those pics prepping upcoming b&s thread creation?
Originally Posted by jet
... Can someone pm me when kvc throws up the pradas for sale?
Originally Posted by steveoffice
I'm betting that KVC will be selling them when the next Junya f/w come out
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I bet he keeps the shoes at least through ski season.
Originally Posted by about11oclock
Let's start a pool, everyone can throw in a buck and choose a date!

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man, I called this **** before he even bought them, but seriously, he should just man up when he buys **** and say he will probably end up selling them anyways. didn't even put them on sufu.
laugh.gif

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Flirting with the idea of putting patches and **** all over my green "no more war" Junya jacket.

I mean I want to stick with exaggerated Americana with a preppy focus for this summer, bit come fall I really want to start messing around with some more camo and go for a disgruntled Vietnam vet thing

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UserName84
KVC posts them in recent purchases 5/31/11:

Excellent synopsis.

jetstradamus

ahahahahaaa

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
Flirting with the idea of putting patches and **** all over my green "no more war" Junya jacket.

I mean I want to stick with exaggerated Americana with a preppy focus for this summer, bit come fall I really want to start messing around with some more camo and go for a disgruntled Vietnam vet thing

go for it.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
New Junior Boys album comes out tomorrow.

Also, I'm going to get a tank top screen-printed with something Phillies-related to make myself seem like less of a weirdo outsider than I actually am, at least around my neighborhood.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Just do it yourself? Costs maybe $30 for the set up, much less if you just iron something on. Infinitely cooler though

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
New Junior Boys album comes out tomorrow.
I remember their debut album, it was so good! They sound great live too. I'm kind of behind with the new music but check this guy out, BLOOD ORANGE. I pretty much like anything that is R&B. A bit of Prince.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes! I like the video on youtube too. The whole 90s Voguing was interesting.

You're in nyc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads