• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jamesgatz
I'm starting to sound like a broken record but this is really nice, man. I wish we had men dressed like you in Helsinki.

NICE! Love the bag, shoes & the cufflinks.
smile.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Navi
TBH, olive looks bad in 99% of applications. I actually can't think of any outfits that stand out that feature olive prominently. It's just a very dated and ugly color.
laugh.gif

ndw has a recently-made olive linen suit he posted a couple of weeks ago that looks good, and would be pretty versatile too. I don't happen to like the colour of that suit myself (probably because it would look bad against my skin tone and so I'm biased), but there's no doubt that the suit looks pretty good as an item of clothing.

Originally Posted by hymo
wedding-1.jpg

The top half of the outfit was going places; I don't like where the outfit ended up though. Just a bit too disjointed, even for me. I like the idea of the bold shirt against the navy jacket though.

Originally Posted by IST66
2-113-1.jpg

Lose the safety pin and the really prominent pick-stitching and I think I'd like this quite a bit. Nice shoes, especially.

Something garish to wake you up on a Monday.
devil.gif

xtqS6.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Spoofy

My advice to you is simple. Instead of having 6 "tricks" in every outfit...pause in the morning before you get dressed...limit yourself to 3 and then take some pics. I think you'll find that you'd get a lot more praise. You have all the raw materials but I think you sometimes go overboard on the application of them together. Its all about discretion dude.

So for example. When I wear what I call novelty socks (think Paul Smith) I try to keep the rest of my outfit pretty conservative. So maybe a solid colored suit, checked shirts and simple tie. What I found was, when I used to go overboard I'd still get stopped in the street but instead of being asked who my tailor or just simply "you look well put together" comment was it was more about - do you work at Nordstroms, can you help me with finding a dressing room, etc.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh ****. Thanks whnay. I saw you responded and was about to get all
fight[1].gif
but I appreciate the real advice. I actually agree with you that there was one trick too many today (bracelet) that really should have come off. However, it's a white shirt, non patterned tie, floral PS. OK, the suit is shiny, but what other tricks am I missing? Unless you are just speaking generally, and if so, I get you.

TexasDan - the tie is Neiman Marcus house label. They have been putting out consistently good ties at great prices the past few seasons.

Originally Posted by whnay.
Spoofy

My advice to you is simple. Instead of having 6 "tricks" in every outfit...pause in the morning before you get dressed...limit yourself to 3 and then take some pics. I think you'll find that you'd get a lot more praise. You have all the raw materials but I think you sometimes go overboard on the application of them together. Its all about discretion dude.

So for example. When I wear what I call novelty socks (think Paul Smith) I try to keep the rest of my outfit pretty conservative. So maybe a solid colored suit, checked shirts and simple tie. What I found was, when I used to go overboard I'd still get stopped in the street but instead of being asked who my tailor or just simply "you look well put together" comment was it was more about - do you work at Nordstroms, can you help me with finding a dressing room, etc.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
i-Vq46VtQ-XL.jpg

i-Qr3W5Dj-XL.jpg

i-V5gbnjW-XL.jpg

good stuff banis

Spoo/Whnay - while I agree with whany, I wonder how much of it is not that whnay and I dress in a somewhat similar style and we view Spoo through that lens. I love sedate, but also realize that it's not for everyone. I think spoo is just a diffferent style, his stuff fits, he is a young dude and he likes to experiment. Would I do it? No. But I also would not wear 75% of the stuff Luca wears (another bracelet loving, multi color dresser), not sure that means that either of those two guys is ill dressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads