• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i saw bb1 dining at olive garden last night. eating ***** food. whilst wearing jcrew...and talking **** about wjk (nohate)

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spotted a Club Monaco tonight while visiting Taiwan. I totally get what people are saying in this thread now. It was a spotless store with full range of products and sizes (nobody buys expensive things in Taiwan, and CM full retail is considered expensive)--so I had a chance to browse through a bunch of stuff. It was all stuff I would wear in an instant, although it was unkoppable until maybe 30-40% off. Thom Browne influence was definitely still present. A few things that come to mind that I saw:

Oxfords, slim, nice range of colors and patterns.
Chambrays, slim - looked exactly like the Gitman chambray I was wearing.
Indigo dyed sweater that looked EXACTLY like the current W+H sweater from this season.
Very cool yellow rain coat that went above the knee. The fabric and feel of the coat was really nice.
Harrington with a corduroy collar. Tried it on, medium was a perfect fit, slim. Wanted to kop, but not for ~$200+
Sweaters and cardigans all looked wearable. Effortless styling, slim fitting.
Didn't pay attention to any bottom-wear or suiting, but there was a lot.

Never gave CM a chance, but can't wait to get back to the States and check out the sales @ my local CM.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by newguy
anybody see the graham oxford on sale in canada yet?

Maybe. They have a bunch of oxfords so I'm not sure I could tell the difference between a graham and some other name. Most of the button downs I saw the other day were $59 - $69. They still have this one shirt that's like $98. I'll be checking them out around June, July. I really wish CM would simply not even try to sell their clothes at such high prices, especially when sales are on so often.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars
^ I love that Harrington. Waiting for it to get just a little bit cheaper...

Last I checked the harrington is $80, not including student discount at the club monacos in my area.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CM probably the new store few years down the line for your daily basics + an extra touch

malaujai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Spotted a Club Monaco tonight while visiting Taiwan. I totally get what people are saying in this thread now. It was a spotless store with full range of products and sizes (nobody buys expensive things in Taiwan, and CM full retail is considered expensive)--so I had a chance to browse through a bunch of stuff. It was all stuff I would wear in an instant, although it was unkoppable until maybe 30-40% off. Thom Browne influence was definitely still present. A few things that come to mind that I saw:

Oxfords, slim, nice range of colors and patterns.
Chambrays, slim - looked exactly like the Gitman chambray I was wearing.
Indigo dyed sweater that looked EXACTLY like the current W+H sweater from this season.
Very cool yellow rain coat that went above the knee. The fabric and feel of the coat was really nice.
Harrington with a corduroy collar. Tried it on, medium was a perfect fit, slim. Wanted to kop, but not for ~$200+
Sweaters and cardigans all looked wearable. Effortless styling, slim fitting.
Didn't pay attention to any bottom-wear or suiting, but there was a lot.

Never gave CM a chance, but can't wait to get back to the States and check out the sales @ my local CM.

This crewneck???? what season is it from?

I'm a fan of CM cause the fits are slim and well fitting, but the problem is that I'm not too tall and their oxfords are always too long on the front, but the right length on the side... Is it easy to get shirts hemmed only on the front/back without cutting off too much (or at all) on the sides?

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Last I checked the harrington is $80, not including student discount at the club monacos in my area.
Wow, I really got to check my local CM. Would def Kop at that price plus student discount (sure I can find my old college ID somewhere...)
Originally Posted by malaujai
This crewneck???? what season is it from?
Yes, that one from this season s/s 2011. I was very surprised because I have that w+h piece. The CM one stood out to me amonst the sweaters because of it's startling resemblance (don't see a lot of indigo dyed crews).

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear

Jkissi posted a fine waywt wearing this coat about 10 days ago or so, it looked pretty good in the pic. Don't know what it is like irl, local CM does not carry it.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
material on that jacket feels a little like rubber almost, can't descrine it but the sleeves are a little baggy, the yellow is incredible though

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Milano
material on that jacket feels a little like rubber almost, can't descrine it but the sleeves are a little baggy, the yellow is incredible though

Yeah I wonder if its possible for a tailor to slim down the sleeves. Was going to grab the jacket but the sleeves are just too baggy.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Jkissi posted a fine waywt wearing this coat about 10 days ago or so, it looked pretty good in the pic. Don't know what it is like irl, local CM does not carry it.

Oh, was that CM? I remember seeing his WAYWT, and the color was certainly the same.

I only handled it for a second, but the rubber felt substantial, but still light.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads