• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
long distance can only work if it's for a period with a definite end, after which you'll be together full time. and even then it almost always won't

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just broke up with my gf of 10 months today. It sucks, really sweet girl and we are really compatible as far as personalities go, but long distance is doing us in. It would have required her to move to Virginia and there's not many career opportunities in her field of work there. This sucks.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
they don't work. you would know that if you had ever been in a relationship.
smile.gif

one of my friends in my crew got married last month to his long distance girlfriend for 4 years (throughout college).

i cant imagine how tough it must've been

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
one of my friends in my crew got married last month to his long distance girlfriend for 4 years (throughout college).

i cant imagine how tough it must've been

It's nothing compared to how tough married life is, especially when you get married at 22...

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
It's nothing compared to how tough married life is, especially when you get married at 22...

Why would anyone do such a thing?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Step one: Girl gets pregnant... EDIT: I'm not saying this is a good idea, I'm saying it happens. Or couple is hardcore Christian (know this couple, got married at 20 and 19, baby before 20th birthday), one is engaged at 21 and have been dating for maybe 7 years, so I can see where they think they made the right choice. And they might be right after all. Another couple getting there has one member being very conservative and the other wanting to... progress physically.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Sometimes it's there dude. Love knows no age. I mean, the odds are certainly stacked against you, as your partner and you will change immensely from 22-24 (from personal experience) and I imagine you continue to change as you grow older. But my parents married at 24 and 19, respectively, and have been married for 31 years and are as happy as can be. It's not impossible.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sometimes it's there dude. Love knows no age. I mean, the odds are certainly stacked against you, as your partner and you will change immensely from 22-24 (from personal experience) and I imagine you continue to change as you grow older. But my parents married at 24 and 19, respectively, and have been married for 31 years and are as happy as can be. It's not impossible.
I agree, in theory. I definitely think it would have been a much easier thing to do in decades past. I know my grandparents married right out of high school and stayed madly in love until the day my grandfather died of Alzheimer's disease 8 years ago; my grandma even needed to go on Prozac the loss was so devastating. I just think today it is much different. Our culture, society and values have changed greatly in the past century, and I would say it hasn't been a change that's necessarily in favor of the married life.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I agree, in theory. I definitely think it would have been a much easier thing to do in decades past. I know my grandparents married right out of high school and stayed madly in love until the day my grandfather died of Alzheimer's disease 8 years ago; my grandma even needed to go on Prozac the loss was so devastating. I just think today it is much different. Our culture, society and values have changed greatly in the past century, and I would say it hasn't been a change that's necessarily in favor of the married life.

The world has changed in that nobody fights for what is right anymore. Everybody thinks that anytime something gets tough they can quit and say "on to the next one." It's stupid.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The world has changed in that nobody fights for what is right anymore. Everybody thinks that anytime something gets tough they can quit and say "on to the next one." It's stupid.

Yes, yes, yes. I do always see myself, and my values, having been a better fit for growing up in my grandparents era. That said, I don't allow myself to be a product of my time, either.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell

i think he's actually 25 now. graduated 2 years ago? 3 years ago? dont remember

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting married under 25 but I'd like my spouse to be as mature as I am.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being single is so much more work than being in a relationship. Currently trying to deal with 3 girls. I can't handle it. I want them all to go away.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Being single is so much more work than being in a relationship. Currently trying to deal with 3 girls. I can't handle it. I want them all to go away.

you dating shellshock?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member