• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs that you got/lost the job off an interview?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Jackie Chan is a *************, I'd never work for him. It was an interview for a full-time lecturership at a community college.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Jackie Chan is a *************, I'd never work for him. It was an interview for a full-time lecturership at a community college.

Why? Because he is a walking penis and ***** anything that walks?
But he has good work ethics though as the Hollywood and Hong Kong workers can testify and he did give all his money to his wife.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone who has given many interviews once told me that the candidates themselves are terrible at evaluating their own performance at interviews. For example, it is often the case where if the candidate is doing well, interviewers will increase the difficulty of the questions, making the candidate feel as though they are doing poorly, and conversely if they aren't doing well, interviewers might just give them softball questions, making them feel they are doing better than they actually are. So the point is to just not let yourself get fazed and keep trying hard no matter how well/poorly you think the interviews are going.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Someone who has given many interviews once told me that the candidates themselves are terrible at evaluating their own performance at interviews. For example, it is often the case where if the candidate is doing well, interviewers will increase the difficulty of the questions, making the candidate feel as though they are doing poorly, and conversely if they aren't doing well, interviewers might just give them softball questions, making them feel they are doing better than they actually are. So the point is to just not let yourself get fazed and keep trying hard no matter how well/poorly you think the interviews are going.

Er, thats not true. I have conducted some interviews myself and I was not told there is a need to make the interviewee go home feeling good about himself.

If he is a fool and talks foolishly, we dont see the need to embarass him. Nor is there a need to make him look good.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Why? Because he is a walking penis and ***** anything that walks?
But he has good work ethics though as the Hollywood and Hong Kong workers can testify and he did give all his money to his wife.

Yeah, not to mention how he pretends he has no son, because he didn't want to follow his dad's footsteps. He also promised that a lot of the proceeds of one of his recent Chinese movies would go to a Sichuan earthquake victim charity, but they never received anything.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yeah, not to mention how he pretends he has no son, because he didn't want to follow his dad's footsteps. He also promised that a lot of the proceeds of one of his recent Chinese movies would go to a Sichuan earthquake victim charity, but they never received anything.

Dont know about that. I think he pretended not to be married and not to have any kids for many years but he admitted he was married years ago, of course his excuse is he is afraid his fans would commit suicide, knowing he is unavailable.

Anyway, his parenting style is weird. He would blast his son for his acting, his kungfu, his singing, his movies, his girlfriend etc. This is his way of tough love even though his son is in his 20s. I think he even said he wont give any of his money to his son. But the son mentioned in an interview, that does not matter because his mom got all the money and his mom loves her only son.

He does love his son because his son mentioned coming home one day and found a white glove in his house. The white glove is MJ's which Jackie paid alot in an auction.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hey now:

1. it might be a girl
2. **** off

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
well at least you will have something to talk about then

rotflmao.gif
Snapmaster strikes again!

imschatz

Reaction score
So .. had an interview this morning. Since the position is out of town (about 4 hours south of my current residence), the interview was over the phone. Interview was with the Director of the group, and with person making final decisions regarding staff (ie: not an initial screening interview). Good sign: concluded the interview with a scheduled day to plan an in person interview. Bad sign: I guess I gave the impression that, while interested in position I was interviewing for, I would be a better fit elsewhere in the company. Was asked if I would be interested in a position in a newly developed group - said "as a new grad, I am open and willing to explore all opportunities" .. so hope it works out
smile.gif

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Er, thats not true. I have conducted some interviews myself and I was not told there is a need to make the interviewee go home feeling good about himself.

If he is a fool and talks foolishly, we dont see the need to embarass him. Nor is there a need to make him look good.

It's not a matter of trying to make the candidate look good, it's that the interviews will start out easier and increase in difficulty, so they simply didn't make it to the harder questions.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Got the job! **** you China, **** you internet censorship, I'm going to Hong Kong.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I'll find out exactly when the contract starts early next week, but they want me to go there for 2-3 days in early June to meet the old lecturer to ensure a smooth hand-off of responsibilites. Because of that, I'm guessing they may have me starting in July. It's unfortunate that I lose my 3 months of paid vacation at my job here, but it's for a worthy cause.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a first round phone interview today.. at the end of it, i THINK (vaguely recall) the person said 'we'll definitely be in touch with regards to the next step'

was he saying:
a) you passed to the next round
b) we'll let you know what happens next

its the 'definitely' part that's throwing me off. were it not for that word, i would just assume b.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics