• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help choose my rehearsal dinner outfit

Sotiris

Reaction score
Not sure why I'm obsessing over this, but I really want to be my sharpest at my rehearsal dinner next Friday. The mid/dark grey herringbone suit is a definite - so soliciting feedback on shirt/tie combo. These are a few I came up with, and was just playing around with PS too.

So please let me know your thoughts. I'll thinking of wearing a stone suit, sky blue shirt and dark tie for Sunday brunch, if that matters.

EDIT: Sorry for the horrible pics.
plain.gif
Suit color is best represented in the first two pictures. Again, any suggestions are welcome.

1 - White, sugar blue tussah
2 - White, lavendar tussah
3 - blue bengal, navy grenadine
4 - blue bengal, green grenadine
5 - sky blue, navy grenadine
6 - sky blue, blue stripe

Lvno3.jpg
zqaZ6.jpg

q2Jpo.jpg
PzU3m.jpg

1ZntZ.jpg
CI0HK.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are all fine.

You do not tell us what you are rehearsing but I assume that it is something peculiarly American such as a fraternity or a pre-wedding practice - the latter seeming to cause as much anxiety as the event itself.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
If there won't be sunlight, my vote is white shirt, solid navy grenadine. The white will best present your face under artificial light. If there still will be some sunlight, I vote sky blue shirt, solid navy grenadine. Either way, I suggest your lightest, whitest pocket square.

A striped shirt with self collar seems too business-like for a groom, IMHO.

The Sunday brunch ensemble sounds great, BTW. Would be great with that navy striped grenadine.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, this is for my wedding next Saturday, and more specifically for this poll the rehearsal and dinner the preceding evening.

The rehearsal at the church starts at 6:30, and there will be daylight for another 60-90m. That being said, maybe I should go with white shirt on Friday, and the sky blue shirt for Sunday. I don't want to repeat shirts or ties either that much over those two days. Hrm.

Still can't believe how I'm over analyzing this. Must be a bit more stressed that I thought!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Option 1 is my fave. All others are pretty much equally good however. If I had to choose, option 1 wins by a whisker.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Might depend on what she's wearing.

Really? Hmmm.

yCF87.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three or four are the best IMHO.
Just a personal comment, you would do better
with wider ties in general w/ those collars.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate the advice too.

I think the ties are fine - they're all 8-9cm in width, and the collars look wider spread than they are - as they're just loosely hanging.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads