• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Entry 5 contains the phrase 'multiple-personality-mothered'. Entry 17 has a completely tortuous clusterfuck of an opening line. Jesus Christ, does this content make it into the magazine? Also, why they ridin Glee's dick so hard?

jil face knit

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I don't understand this impulse toward making new adjectives/adverbs/verbs out of words that should normally be nouns. To me, it's the hallmark of really bad writing, that's too clever by more than half.

The thing is, and I'm just guessing at intentions here, I don't think they meant "a family mothered by a woman who has multiple personality disorder," I think they meant "a family with a mother who has multiple personality disorder" and just decided to jam it all together without trying to make it flow logically or rhythmically.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
The thing is, and I'm just guessing at intentions here, I don't think they meant "a family mothered by a woman who has multiple personality disorder," I think they meant "a family with a mother who has multiple personality disorder" and just decided to jam it all together without trying to make it flow logically or rhythmically.

I wasn't sure what they meant; I was thinking maybe that the family is mothered by multiple personalities/people? With prose like that, who can tell?

Don't even get me started on:
spinning away high-school woes...with A Love Supreme and Birth of the Cool instead of Top 40 spew.
GQ =
ffffuuuu.gif

They even have pedestrian taste when talking about things that I ostensibly think are good.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the odyn vovk linen stuff? Looks like a heavier linen, almost like a canvas :/
I'm looking at the shorts or the shirt on gilt. Size small shirt good for a 46??

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
They even have pedestrian taste when talking about things that I ostensibly think are good.

Heh. I don't really mind 'spinning away' the way they used it, probably because I grew up on PG Wodehouse and I have a tolerance built up, but you're right, that whole phrase is awful. Plus you just know they're gonna follow up that bold statement with a review of a Chris Brown album or something.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The replies to this thread crack me up.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer is officially my I-don't-give-a-**** season for clothing, just going to wear old shorts, tees, and polos all the time and not worry about how I look. I could invest in better summer pieces but I'd rather put that money into booze, and better fall/winter pieces.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Must find girlfriend and buy this for her.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Anyone try the odyn vovk linen stuff? Looks like a heavier linen, almost like a canvas :/
I'm looking at the shorts or the shirt on gilt. Size small shirt good for a 46??

Ha, I actually had the shorts in a 34 in and out of my cart like three times before I decided to just hold off. It was almost 80 today, so that linen was sounding mighty good.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow. golf wang goes hard live. ****. lost my shoe for 3 songs, got it back, moshed the entire time. ****. that was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads