Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

The 25 Most Stylish Men on TV
    lol @ andy bernard. First time I saw the character i was like "man this tool would love GQ" Edit: hahahahaha i thought the same thing about Ben on Parks and Rec (though I like his character a lot more) and bam there he is

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Entry 5 contains the phrase 'multiple-personality-mothered'. Entry 17 has a completely tortuous clusterfuck of an opening line. Jesus Christ, does this content make it into the magazine? Also, why they ridin Glee's dick so hard?

3. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Entry 5 contains the phrase 'multiple-personality-mothered'. Entry 17 has a completely tortuous clusterfuck of an opening line. Jesus Christ, does this content make it into the magazine? Also, why they ridin Glee's dick so hard?

I don't understand this impulse toward making new adjectives/adverbs/verbs out of words that should normally be nouns. To me, it's the hallmark of really bad writing, that's too clever by more than half.

[​IMG]

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

jil face knit

5. Makeshift_Robot

I don't understand this impulse toward making new adjectives/adverbs/verbs out of words that should normally be nouns. To me, it's the hallmark of really bad writing, that's too clever by more than half.

The thing is, and I'm just guessing at intentions here, I don't think they meant "a family mothered by a woman who has multiple personality disorder," I think they meant "a family with a mother who has multiple personality disorder" and just decided to jam it all together without trying to make it flow logically or rhythmically.

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

The thing is, and I'm just guessing at intentions here, I don't think they meant "a family mothered by a woman who has multiple personality disorder," I think they meant "a family with a mother who has multiple personality disorder" and just decided to jam it all together without trying to make it flow logically or rhythmically.

I wasn't sure what they meant; I was thinking maybe that the family is mothered by multiple personalities/people? With prose like that, who can tell?

Don't even get me started on:
    GQ = [​IMG]

They even have pedestrian taste when talking about things that I ostensibly think are good.

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Anyone try the odyn vovk linen stuff? Looks like a heavier linen, almost like a canvas :/
    I'm looking at the shorts or the shirt on gilt. Size small shirt good for a 46??

8. Makeshift_Robot

They even have pedestrian taste when talking about things that I ostensibly think are good.

Heh. I don't really mind 'spinning away' the way they used it, probably because I grew up on PG Wodehouse and I have a tolerance built up, but you're right, that whole phrase is awful. Plus you just know they're gonna follow up that bold statement with a review of a Chris Brown album or something.

9. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

Anybody in NYC wanna have lunch with strangers?

10. APK

APK Senior member

The replies to this thread crack me up.

11. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

The replies to this thread crack me up.

I lol'd so hard when I saw the replies

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

Summer is officially my I-don't-give-a-fuck season for clothing, just going to wear old shorts, tees, and polos all the time and not worry about how I look. I could invest in better summer pieces but I'd rather put that money into booze, and better fall/winter pieces.

14. APK

APK Senior member

Must find girlfriend and buy this for her.

15. APK

APK Senior member

Anyone try the odyn vovk linen stuff? Looks like a heavier linen, almost like a canvas :/
    I'm looking at the shorts or the shirt on gilt. Size small shirt good for a 46??

Ha, I actually had the shorts in a 34 in and out of my cart like three times before I decided to just hold off. It was almost 80 today, so that linen was sounding mighty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.