• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wifey's graduation Day. Got to see both Chris Matthews and Bill Cosby.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Eh, I don't think so. Too many textures.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would call those socks burgandy. Really like Manton's tie. I'm also growing to detest long wings, sorry lufty. Between those, the ones Manton wears and Foo, I'm about to send my own pair of Florsheims to the Salvation Army. I do like the clunky norwegers and PTBs, but long wings look to me like something that shouldn't be worn without a doctor's prescription.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink

I do not understand how you could have ragged on my pink and gray socks.

The difference between your socks and his is as great as that between Lapo and his grandfather. Manton's color balance is almost always blown out and faded, but I think his socks must be burgandy with navy dots. Nothing wild.

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink
Today
teOJk.jpg

I like that combo, Mr. Pink. Is the shirt fabric end-on-end?

Not sure if talking about grammar is conservative business dress -- hope Manton does not medival on me.

Originally Posted by Baron
I would call those socks burgandy. Really like Manton's tie. I'm also growing to detest long wings, sorry lufty. Between those, the ones Manton wears and Foo, I'm about to send my own pair of Florsheims to the Salvation Army. I do like the clunky norwegers and PTBs, but long wings look to me like something that shouldn't be worn without a doctor's prescription.

<rant>

There is no such thing as 'burgandy' ... it is burgundy. I hope you don't take my correction the wrong way, it just makes me
ffffuuuu.gif
when I see well educated and knowledgeable guys like you make these mistakes. I know, I know, it is just a casual post on a forum devoted to a hobby, but still ... Foo made the 'their/they're' mistake in another thread and it drove me nuts as well, so please don't think I'm singling out anyone.

My english and grammar are not perfect (it is not my mother tongue), but I do try and avoid these simple mistakes.

</rant>

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Socks are definitely not pink. The first two pics are not flashed, the last one is, FWIW.

Mr P, last shot above is very nice.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Good looking coat. Is all this faux threading necessary...its sort of obnoxious.
- the white stitching? Basting? Or the hand finishing? Not so obvious IRL, only obvious with HD or quality pics. If shot with a basic P&S none of this would be picked up.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crispy
110513108.jpg

Which is more Friday
110513107.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
- the white stitching? Basting? Or the hand finishing? Not so obvious IRL, only obvious with HD or quality pics. If shot with a basic P&S none of this would be picked up.
Sorry, I meant the white stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads