• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Do you know if there is a tan/khaki colorway of either of these pants? I think I saw some online, possibly on ebay.
Not with the same overall details in the pant, you might want to ask to get pictures of the Heartland pant. I think the faded version might be close to the shade you would like. Maybe ask them to take a pic of the pair next to a khaki officer chino pant as comparison. I've taken pics in natural light (it's overcast right now so not a lot of light) and then w/ flash and placed the Orchard St pair against what I think most people consider khaki. Unless you've seen the new or older LE selvedge chinos in person and in natural light, I think most don't realize how brown they are. Due to the sheen of the raw fabric, it makes them look close to a normal shade of khaki in photos when they really aren't. Officer Chino vs Orchard St
IMG_1330.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg

Orchard St vs Catalog 2
IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rangoe
They definitely do; I see lots of straights in the stores.

Hate them, personally...extremely high-waisted and dorky. But maybe that's just the way I see them fitting on me; I don't know...

When you hit 40 it's all you can wear...

srgprod

Reaction score
Froosh:

I would grab a pair of the duck pants from the new Heartland collection. They have the same details as the Collection 2 pant with the color of the officer's chinos. The 34's are almost sold out. $ 290.

el dude said:
"Not with the same overall details in the pant, you might want to ask to get pictures of the Heartland pant. I think the faded version might be close to the shade you would like. Maybe ask them to take a pic of the pair next to a khaki officer chino pant as comparison."

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i love the freaking outlet. just picked up a pair of slim boots and a killer alaska line shirt for 130.

engar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
kmdsimpson, westside, if either one of you can proxy your finds i would very much appreciate it. I am interested in both the khaki and buckleback
blush.gif

+1

la%20foto.JPG

I kop this covert/marled cotton Officer´s yesterday at RL Outlet in Barcelona.

Any opinion on this RRL wool trousers?
rrlwoolpants.jpg

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by engar
la%20foto.JPG

I kop this covert/marled cotton Officer´s yesterday at RL Outlet in Barcelona.

Any opinion on this RRL wool trousers?
rrlwoolpants.jpg

Nice find, looks like Ship Yard officer chinos.

Those wool officer chinos are from Orchard St. Nice as well but really slim in the leg.

engar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Nice find, looks like Ship Yard officer chinos.

Those wool officer chinos are from Orchard St. Nice as well but really slim in the leg.

Thanks for the info, having a big thighs I will look for a 36".

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
Not with the same overall details in the pant, you might want to ask to get pictures of the Heartland pant. I think the faded version might be close to the shade you would like. Maybe ask them to take a pic of the pair next to a khaki officer chino pant as comparison.

I've taken pics in natural light (it's overcast right now so not a lot of light) and then w/ flash and placed the Orchard St pair against what I think most people consider khaki. Unless you've seen the new or older LE selvedge chinos in person and in natural light, I think most don't realize how brown they are. Due to the sheen of the raw fabric, it makes them look close to a normal shade of khaki in photos when they really aren't.

Officer Chino vs Orchard St
IMG_1330.jpg
IMG_1333.jpg

Orchard St vs Catalog 2
IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

Originally Posted by srgprod
Froosh:

I would grab a pair of the duck pants from the new Heartland collection. They have the same details as the Collection 2 pant with the color of the officer's chinos. The 34's are almost sold out. $ 290.

el dude said:
"Not with the same overall details in the pant, you might want to ask to get pictures of the Heartland pant. I think the faded version might be close to the shade you would like. Maybe ask them to take a pic of the pair next to a khaki officer chino pant as comparison."

Cool, thanks guys. Are the Heartland duck pants the usual actual waist = tagged size + 2"? I noticed Namor's were tagged 33 but were only 1" bigger.

engar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
Is that the La Roca Village outlet? I love that place.
Yes, they have very limited RRL items and sizes, in fact I think they are leftovers from the UK because RRL are not distributed in Spain (I think). In Madrid there is another "village" called "Las Rozas Village", but their RL Outlet is smaller and they never heard a word about RRL
frown.gif

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Do they make the straight leg model in jeans anymore. All the jeans coming up these day on B&S are low straight, bootcut or slim fit.
Originally Posted by Rangoe
They definitely do; I see lots of straights in the stores. Hate them, personally...extremely high-waisted and dorky. But maybe that's just the way I see them fitting on me; I don't know...
Originally Posted by westinghouse
When you hit 40 it's all you can wear...
laugh.gif
, well, I am 34 and all I feel comfortable in are straight leg mid to high rise jeans. I wear a 30 size jeans in RRL which have an actual measurements of 32-33" in the waist. I believe that front and back rise measurements are around 11.5 and 15.5 inches in that size. I have worn 1947 501, Eternal 811, Roy straight leg, and Samurai 710 and IME the rises of all these are within .5 inches of each other. I had the Momo with the battle stripes and I sold it because I felt the rise was too low. I dont think the jeans look too high rise on me. And even if they do, for me most important is not to wonder for a moment if my butt crack or underwear band is showing. Surely no high rise jeans would look worse than a 34 year father of one with his low rise jeans half way down his ass . I am going to get either this or that next. Both are mentioned as having 11" and 15" front and back rise. However, given the sentiment here that the straight leg jeans are 'dorky', I will put up a pic and get some feedback before buying another of these. Give me till the weekend to put up a pic

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my straights sz 30 (i'm a true 32) have a rise of 10.5. posted them a few pages back and i don't think they look dorky aside from being maybe .5" or so too short.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, was not able to make an outlet run yesterday. I'll let you guys know next I can make it, as it seems like my outlet has suddenly become a good place for RRL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads