• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The most expensive car crash in history

amstokesdb9

Reaction score
This is not the most expensive, but I heard it was the fastest at 199mph. The previous record being Stephan Ericksonn's (spelling?) 197 mph Enzo crash on the PCH.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does an I-Banker make that much money so young? I know little of the profession, but I thought they could work up to million dollar salaries, but even then it took many years.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^he owns Gemballa, one of the top car tuning companies in the world...

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
and in the media anybody who works in the general finance field is an investment banker.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of damage for 60MPH...
sarcasm.gif

Mr. White

Reaction score
Jan. 4, 1963 Time Magazine story about a pile-up on I-5

BTW, the "Governor Pat Brown" in the article isn't the current Gov. Brown. It's his father.

The article says "at least 200 cars involved." The legend of this crash is such that I suspect that over 1000 cars were involved. In the era before mandatory insurance, people would waive off other cars if they weren't hurt. Do the math. A nun killed a mile back from the front of the pile-up. A car is what? 20 feet long and less? That's 250 cars per lane over 3 lanes -- not counting what's behind the nun.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
^he owns Gemballa, one of the top car tuning companies in the world...

How do you do that by 28? Im gonna go with family wealth. Amirite?

And lol at the idea of a driver of his level losing it and disintegrating that car at 62mph.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
How do you do that by 28? Im gonna go with family wealth. Amirite?

And lol at the idea of a driver of his level losing it and disintegrating that car at 62mph.

Yup, daddy's fortunes. And it being 62mph is a complete joke.

CosmicOsmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
He's 28 and driving a $2m+ car? WTF?!?

Prepare to add a few more question marks and exclamation points to the end of that sentence...

"As well as his new Huayra - Pagani's replacement for the Zonda - he owns two Bugatti Veyrons, two Lamborghinis and a Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage.

He has also ordered the new McLaren MP4-12C - widely anticipated to be Britain's greatest ever supercar."

Plus the Zonda he wrecked, of course. That's eight (now seven?) supercars...

Seriously, who needs TWO Veyrons?

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CosmicOsmo
Prepare to add a few more question marks and exclamation points to the end of that sentence...

"As well as his new Huayra - Pagani's replacement for the Zonda - he owns two Bugatti Veyrons, two Lamborghinis and a Porsche-based Gemballa Mirage.

He has also ordered the new McLaren MP4-12C - widely anticipated to be Britain's greatest ever supercar."

Plus the Zonda he wrecked, of course. That's eight (now seven?) supercars...

Seriously, who needs TWO Veyrons?

No one needs anything. Did you want the government to take it and the distribute it to you?

CosmicOsmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
No one needs anything. Did you want the government to take it and the distribute it to you?

Children in Africa need food, shelter and clean water. Homeboy has blown more on fancy cars than an entire third-world country's GDP. Perhaps he should have considered those less fortunate than himself (i.e. those born without a trust fund) before writing the check for that second Veyron.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Children in Africa need food, shelter and clean water. Homeboy has blown more on fancy cars than an entire third-world country's GDP. Perhaps he should have considered those less fortunate than himself (i.e. those born without a trust fund) before writing the check for that second Veyron.

name one

Logan

Reaction score

Unless you are driving around in the cheapest car available and living in the smallest house you're a hypocrite.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Logan
Unless you are driving around in the cheapest car available and living in the smallest house you're a hypocrite.

Ad hominem, but that's pretty much required in any charity vs wealth debate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads