• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

CaymanS

Reaction score
Today's get-up...

do9ahg.jpg

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Much better with the different shirt collar, but you really need to take some better photographs. The "up the chin" thing is not so flattering or useful in evaluating a fit. At least do the bathroom mirror shot.

Butler

Reaction score
zDk6x.jpg
7QtC6.jpg
yB3h1.jpg

Weekend relaxing conservative business dress?

Springtime in Aix en Provence:

Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis 0300 Flannel with my signature gauntlets and brown buttons
T&A pink shirt with self designed Budd's collar
Dior tie
Hober PS
John Lobb of St. James's tassel loafers

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Much better with the different shirt collar.

Heh, thanks. As I've stated before, the vast majority of my shirts have either an ordinary spread collar or a BD collar. The super absurd cutaways were just a fun experiment.

Originally Posted by Gibonius
but you really need to take some better photographs.

100% agreed. Have tried the bathroom shots, but the lighting/layout of our office's bathrooms is horrendous. Duly noted, though - will try to coax the wife into taking pics in the future
smile.gif

CaymanS

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
That's a nice tie, Manton, but I don't think I like the shirt with it.

+1. Additionally, the shoes look like crap, and the socks match too closely to the shirt, both color- and pattern-wise.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Manton, what is going on with most of your shoes creasing almost all the way down, way past the cap? Do you kneel a lot or do something that causes your feet to bend in unusual manners? If not, the shoe length/lasts/sizing is not working for you.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
I think he mentioned somewhere that he is in his early forties.

<g>

Really? First off, he looks amazing. Very dignified, excellent cuts, I even like the higher cuff than usual on the trousers. The Dior tie gives the whole ensemble a nice dynamic.

That said, he looks a sharp early 50s not 40s. It's probably the hair though. Physique could be any age.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Manton, Do you kneel a lot or do something that causes your feet to bend in unusual manners?

Line of the year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads