• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE navy blazer

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the Universal Works piece. Yea, the cotton vs. wool debate has been tripping me up as well. I want a blazer than really retains its form. Thus, I've been in search of a light weight, 4-season wool.

Crazy idea: should I just buy a J. Crew Ludlow navy suit and wear the pieces as separates on occasion? I need a suit anyways.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
I'm liking the Universal Works piece. Yea, the cotton vs. wool debate has been tripping me up as well. I want a blazer than really retains its form. Thus, I've been in search of a light weight, 4-season wool.

Crazy idea: should I just buy a J. Crew Ludlow navy suit and wear the pieces as separates on occasion? I need a suit anyways.

Same here, that actually looks pretty good.

I have a cotton jersey blazer that's pretty awesome. Feels super comfortable and looks more casual due to the material and cut.

Your call, I wouldn't

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
Just ordered a +J navy blazer for a bill. Though, I can't comment on the fit as I haven't received it yet, measurements indicate they'd be a pretty nice cut though : http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/068411_size.html If this thread is still around in a week, I'll report back. Also, I had my eye on one of the Our Legacy navy blazers from this season (check TBS), but I don't have the cash to spill on one of those right now.
I have a 34R +J one in a light grey flannel. It fits pretty slim. I'd recommend Thick as Thieves, as you can choose to get only the jacket.

DezertBootz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobojones
Just ordered a +J navy blazer for a bill. Though, I can't comment on the fit as I haven't received it yet, measurements indicate they'd be a pretty nice cut though : http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/068411_size.html If this thread is still around in a week, I'll report back. Also, I had my eye on one of the Our Legacy navy blazers from this season (check TBS), but I don't have the cash to spill on one of those right now.
Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well. Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DezertBootz, you can almost guarantee the BB piece will be oversized, but I hear their quality is up to par.

Do you guys have any experience with this jacket? http://www.rag-bone.com/pd/cl/450/p/1231.html

As you can tell from my sig, I'm quite interested in buying it, but am afraid it'll fit short in the arms and body. I'm normal height, 5' 11".

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DezertBootz
Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well.

Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

The Regent fit by BB is definitely more on the relaxed side. Their Fitzgerald blazers are a little more tri, but still not enough for me. I don't think they make a blazer in their Milano cut which would be the only one you might like if you're interested in a trimmer fit.

My favourite blazer of all time is John Varvatos, but I think it is more than you're looking to spend. Prada is also very slick in both construction and fit.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meso
I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

Good to know. Yea, I'm planning on sizing up as well, I've never seen any fit pics of people wearing the dagger blazer smaller than a 40, so that's what I'll go with.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you need to buy this Obedient Sons wool blazer I'm selling, so luxurious...

And yes, this is a spam.

Last edited:

konadog

Reaction score
I was on a similar search last fall. Tried on a bunch. My fave that was reasonable was an Acne. But when i was in NYC i went to uniqlo and found one that fit like a glove for $79. Buttons and material are not great, but it looks really good on. Im a 42 long and i bought a large.

ambivalence

Reaction score
Need a navy blazer any shop that sell those slim xs blazer? budget 150-250

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads