1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

THE navy blazer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by reedobandito, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Mr. Sartorial

Mr. Sartorial Senior member

Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well.

Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

The Regent fit by BB is definitely more on the relaxed side. Their Fitzgerald blazers are a little more tri, but still not enough for me. I don't think they make a blazer in their Milano cut which would be the only one you might like if you're interested in a trimmer fit.

My favourite blazer of all time is John Varvatos, but I think it is more than you're looking to spend. Prada is also very slick in both construction and fit.

2. meso

meso Senior member

I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

3. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

Good to know. Yea, I'm planning on sizing up as well, I've never seen any fit pics of people wearing the dagger blazer smaller than a 40, so that's what I'll go with.

4. kidtwist91

kidtwist91 Well-Known Member

5. meso

meso Senior member

6. sipang

sipang Senior member

I think you need to buy this Obedient Sons wool blazer I'm selling, so luxurious...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And yes, this is a spam.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  7. konadog

konadog Senior member

I was on a similar search last fall. Tried on a bunch. My fave that was reasonable was an Acne. But when i was in NYC i went to uniqlo and found one that fit like a glove for $79. Buttons and material are not great, but it looks really good on. Im a 42 long and i bought a large.

8. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Need a navy blazer any shop that sell those slim xs blazer? budget 150-250

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Uniqlo, Theory on sale.

10. poorman

poorman Senior member

Any more ideas? $275>

11. ispace

ispace Senior member

Uniqlo have about four navy blazers made of different fabric at the moment. My favorite is a very lightweight "dry" poly/cotton blend for $69.90 (also available in a heather grey & a light grey). Also saw a 100% cotton, wool & linen blazers. They are all very slim fit with no/minimal shoulder padding & would go with virtually anything.

B.

12. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Sonofabitch! All out of 41s in BOTH white CP and MMM @ Tres Bien!! :mad:

13. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  14. espen

espen Well-Known Member

I bought this jacket a couple of months ago on Mr. Porter. It's quickly become my go to jacket as it works with pretty much everything.

I think based on those measurements you should be able to wear a small pretty comfortably, however double check with the measurements on Mr. Porter to verify.