THE navy blazer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by reedobandito, Apr 20, 2011.

1. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

I'm liking the Universal Works piece. Yea, the cotton vs. wool debate has been tripping me up as well. I want a blazer than really retains its form. Thus, I've been in search of a light weight, 4-season wool.

Crazy idea: should I just buy a J. Crew Ludlow navy suit and wear the pieces as separates on occasion? I need a suit anyways.

2. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

I'm liking the Universal Works piece. Yea, the cotton vs. wool debate has been tripping me up as well. I want a blazer than really retains its form. Thus, I've been in search of a light weight, 4-season wool.

Crazy idea: should I just buy a J. Crew Ludlow navy suit and wear the pieces as separates on occasion? I need a suit anyways.

Same here, that actually looks pretty good.

I have a cotton jersey blazer that's pretty awesome. Feels super comfortable and looks more casual due to the material and cut.

Your call, I wouldn't

3. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Just ordered a +J navy blazer for a bill. Though, I can't comment on the fit as I haven't received it yet, measurements indicate they'd be a pretty nice cut though : http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/068411_size.html If this thread is still around in a week, I'll report back. Also, I had my eye on one of the Our Legacy navy blazers from this season (check TBS), but I don't have the cash to spill on one of those right now.
    I have a 34R +J one in a light grey flannel. It fits pretty slim. I'd recommend Thick as Thieves, as you can choose to get only the jacket.

4. DezertBootz

DezertBootz New Member

Just ordered a +J navy blazer for a bill. Though, I can't comment on the fit as I haven't received it yet, measurements indicate they'd be a pretty nice cut though : http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/support/size/068411_size.html If this thread is still around in a week, I'll report back. Also, I had my eye on one of the Our Legacy navy blazers from this season (check TBS), but I don't have the cash to spill on one of those right now.
    Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well. Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

5. reedobandito

DezertBootz, you can almost guarantee the BB piece will be oversized, but I hear their quality is up to par.

Do you guys have any experience with this jacket? http://www.rag-bone.com/pd/cl/450/p/1231.html

As you can tell from my sig, I'm quite interested in buying it, but am afraid it'll fit short in the arms and body. I'm normal height, 5' 11".

6. Mr. Sartorial

Mr. Sartorial Senior member

Yes, please tell us how it fits as I'm interested in one as well.

Also, what do you guys think about this Brooks Brothers jacket: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

The Regent fit by BB is definitely more on the relaxed side. Their Fitzgerald blazers are a little more tri, but still not enough for me. I don't think they make a blazer in their Milano cut which would be the only one you might like if you're interested in a trimmer fit.

My favourite blazer of all time is John Varvatos, but I think it is more than you're looking to spend. Prada is also very slick in both construction and fit.

7. meso

meso Senior member

I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

8. reedobandito

I can't speak to different models, but rag & bone typically fit TTS... a 44 will really be 22" P2P. You may want to size up. I'm typically a 42 suit but a 44 in R&B, at least if I want to move my arms.

Oh, and I've never had trouble with R&B fitting short in the arms, and I'm on the tall side (6'2+).

Good to know. Yea, I'm planning on sizing up as well, I've never seen any fit pics of people wearing the dagger blazer smaller than a 40, so that's what I'll go with.

9. kidtwist91

kidtwist91 Well-Known Member

10. meso

meso Senior member

11. sipang

sipang Senior member

I think you need to buy this Obedient Sons wool blazer I'm selling, so luxurious...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And yes, this is a spam.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

12. konadog

konadog Senior member

I was on a similar search last fall. Tried on a bunch. My fave that was reasonable was an Acne. But when i was in NYC i went to uniqlo and found one that fit like a glove for $79. Buttons and material are not great, but it looks really good on. Im a 42 long and i bought a large.

13. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Need a navy blazer any shop that sell those slim xs blazer? budget 150-250

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

Uniqlo, Theory on sale.

15. poorman

poorman Senior member