• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Versatile? Well navy, white and some classic ancient madder prints in rich colors are versatile. These are attractive and would be very nice paired occasionally with a navy, tan or cream jacket or suit and a white, blue or pink shirt. The color is a bit casual so it is ideal for a party, wedding, going out on the town but not for serious business and not for frequent wearing.
I plan on wearing it to wedding with a navy suit and silver tie and few other casual functions when I wear a jacket and no tie. I was thinking it would look nice with stone or cream linen pants, pink or white shirt and tan or navy sport coat.

Originally Posted by Rufino
The upper one looks top versalite for me.

How much is it?

$25 @ Kent Wang

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PSG is right. The color is casual so would look fine without a tie as well. I think a wedding calls for some colorful, festive accessories. Me, wearing my cornflower flora linen pocket square. Lately, I've liked wearing patterned squares in a TV fold.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
PSG is right. The color is casual so would look fine without a tie as well. I think a wedding calls for some colorful, festive accessories. Me, wearing my cornflower flora linen pocket square. Lately, I've liked wearing patterned squares in a TV fold.
Love the cornflower flora linen pocket square...added to the list. I need a second ps, which of the Chinese brocade's do you prefer?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shop window in Florence
406.jpg

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I'd pass. You get what you pay for. Machine edges, stiff fabrics, no hand roll. It's better to pay $20 more and get a nice pocket square from Kent Wang.

I speak from experience, as I own both.

I'd listen to Ace. Why? He'll give a non-biased view of tiebar (do a search on his experience) PLUS he makes pocket squares!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
I'd listen to Ace. Why? He'll give a non-biased view of tiebar (do a search on his experience) PLUS he makes pocket squares!
Thanks for trusting me on this one. I've looked at their website after posting and saw this:
Pink%20Zagged%20CU.jpg
This looks like the edges are hand-rolled. It seems that the pocket squares I've ordered from them about a year ago had different edges. Could it be possible that they've changed the way they make them? Does anyone have any experience with their recent pocket squares? In light of my missteps with the tie bar, I wouldn't want to criticize their products needlessly.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this combo. Not conservative business dress, but it works for me and how I like to wear my clothing.

tumblr_liyel59Tta1qbcjkvo1_500.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads