• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scourage
got a pair of size 36 beatle busters recently at se ny and have questions about fit.
I think the jeans look really good and are fine for walking around if maybe a little tight. When I sit down though they feel tight in the things. As in there is no room in the upper thigh. I have worn them maybe 2-3 days since sunday and they have stretched a little. They look good, but as a pair of jeans I expect to live in for years I need to feel comfortable in them.
Any idea how much they will stretch total in the thigh. I am wondering whether to cut my loses and sell while they still are pretty new and not broken in or still it out and give them a chance. I love the IH denim and want something slim, but really don't want something that will restrict leg movement.

The thighs will stretch out some, but not as much as the waist. If they are really tight now, they'll probably always be at least a little bit tight there. Personally, if you can stand to have a looser-looking leg when you stand up, I would probably go with the 634S in your situation.

scourage

Reaction score
thanks. That will hopefully do it. love everything else about the jeans, just need a little more room there.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All Iron Heart Everything.

photo.jpg

IH Flannel circa 2006
IH Belt
IH 634s circa 2006
Visvim

DenimFreak411

Reaction score
Is there ever going to be a restock for the Iron Heart IH Cordura Jacket - Gray???????

scourage

Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
The thighs will stretch out some, but not as much as the waist. If they are really tight now, they'll probably always be at least a little bit tight there. Personally, if you can stand to have a looser-looking leg when you stand up, I would probably go with the 634S in your situation.

If I gave up the beatle busters I would want a somewhat smaller waist, a comprable hips/seat/rise, and slightly larger thighs.

would a size 34 634s meet this criteria?

also what I would really like would be something with the top block of the 634 and the knee hem of the busters or even smaller. I see some sold out models that fit the bill. Suggestions for something available or any future releases for roomy top block and slim from knees down.

Can legs or IH be tapered in a way that doesn't destroy them?

kit99bar

Reaction score
wanted to clarify, is that .3 in the half measurement or full? 1) 12.1 -> 12.4 2) 12.1 -> 12.25 (or 24.2 -> 24.5)
Originally Posted by kiya
The thigh will stretch up to .3" after a month or so of wear if it's tight. That's quite a lot considering it's the thigh area we're talking about.

auggie

Reaction score
How long do these jeans typically bleed? I bought a pair of 634S's about 5 weeks ago and they are still bleeding into my tees and shoes. I've been wearing them 4-5 days a week.

scourage

Reaction score
kit- i think its 12.1 - 12.4 based on my experienced. my busters have stretched out i think at least .5 inches total in maybe 10 full days of wear with lots of intentional stretching and have now become wearable. confortable most of the time and a little snug for certain things ... biking, kneeling, but have improved so much in comfort since i got them.
a bit big in the waist. not ideal, but fine with a belt. perfect pretty much except for the top 2 inches of the pants so can't really complain

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Spring Weight Shirts & Ox-Blood Cordovan Wallet

Our favorite motorcycle outlaws from Japan bring you a couple of new shirts for the spring along with an ox-blood colored cordovan wallet.
The shirts are lighter weight versions of their regular flannels in some great new colors for the spring.

The two new shirts, cordovan wallet, and a full restock of all denim vests, jeans, and belts are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for hi-res photographs, measurements, and a complete spec list on every jean and shirt.

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index....index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 2011 Mini Herringbone Spring Weight Flannel Shirt - Red
IHSH-37_01.jpg

IHSH-37_04.jpg

Iron Heart 2011 Spring Weight Flannel Work Shirt - Green
IHSH-38_01.jpg

IHSH-38_04.jpg

Iron Heart Ox-blood Folding Cordovan Wallet
IH_WALLET_01.jpg

IH_WALLET_02.jpg

IH_WALLET_03.jpg

IH_WALLET_04.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart SEXIH07IIIBK = Type III Modified Jacket (Long)

We've done a very limited number of these SEXIH07IIIBK overdyed Modified Type III jackets. We had them cut 2" longer than the traditional fit for those that find denim jackets too short in the body length and we've also added hand pockets.
Only 40 total were made, they're available now in our online store and at all Self Edge stores.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=536

(We've also received a full restock of IH jeans/jackets/belts)

sexih_iii01_03.jpg

Fatty Foulkes

Reaction score
Hi

I've just got some Ironheart Devils Fit, and am wondering what the first step should be.
I usually just get any raw denim altered in the leg, then wear until they reach the point of no return! Then wash and so on...

But these are absolute beasts and look like they'll bleed like hell! A pal suggested to soak them in a bath of tepid water to get rid of some of the excess dye. But I don't want to lose any colour as they look spot on at the moment. They also fit really well in the waist so don't want them to shrink too much.

I've read that some people wear them in the bath, like a shrink to fit. Is this recommended? Sounds like a lot of effort.

Also, shall I get them chain stitched before or after soaking?

Any help appreciated!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ***** Foulkes
Hi

I've just got some Ironheart Devils Fit, and am wondering what the first step should be.
I usually just get any raw denim altered in the leg, then wear until they reach the point of no return! Then wash and so on...

But these are absolute beasts and look like they'll bleed like hell! A pal suggested to soak them in a bath of tepid water to get rid of some of the excess dye. But I don't want to lose any colour as they look spot on at the moment. They also fit really well in the waist so don't want them to shrink too much.

I've read that some people wear them in the bath, like a shrink to fit. Is this recommended? Sounds like a lot of effort.

Also, shall I get them chain stitched before or after soaking?

Any help appreciated!

what jacket is that you have in your avatar?

Fatty Foulkes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
what jacket is that you have in your avatar?

EG field parka, I wanted the red but couldn't find a small so ended up getting the khaki. Definitely not to be worn with raw denim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads