• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
today, i got something that none of yall have ever seen before...at least i don't think. i will post pics soon.

oh what a tease.
devil.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why pass? those look good and will only get better with wear.

today, i got something that none of yall have ever seen before...at least i don't think. i will post pics soon.

looking for raws and not a fan that she doesnt accept questions. just want to know definitively on the measurements she took, selvedge or not, and raw or not lol

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gotta take a risk to spend a grip. but you're right a better opportunity will come eventually.

let me spoil the surprise: double-r-"ell" ove-r-ells carpenter jeans. sanfo. triple stitched. bizarre half/full selvedge that i can't even explain. i think it might be that salvage where they add it back after weaving, but it says "shuttle loomed" right on the joint. buckle back. back pocket flyer claims it's 8 oz but it seems a lot heavier.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Ralph-Lauren...#ht_7089wt_907

are these single rinse/washed or raw? selvedge? unfortunately the seller doesnt accept questions... but great price if they are raw selvage!

Have you tried just using the "contact member" function? I've done that several times with good success. If you click on their user id, it takes you to this screen. http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...d=200513411753
Then just click "Other" and then "Continue", and it will let you type an email to them.

Maybe you already tried that, but just in case...

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looking for raws and not a fan that she doesnt accept questions. just want to know definitively on the measurements she took, selvedge or not, and raw or not lol

Also hate it when they refuse to provide measurements or have completely wrong measurements listed for the item. If sellers decided to get off their lazy asses and list proper BiG/shirt measurements for each of their items I'd buy a lot more. Instead we get some goatee'd asshole wearing all the items and charging a premium
laugh.gif

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gotta take a risk to spend a grip. but you're right a better opportunity will come eventually.

let me spoil the surprise: double-r-"ell" ove-r-ells carpenter jeans. sanfo. triple stitched. bizarre half/full selvedge that i can't even explain. i think it might be that salvage where they add it back after weaving, but it says "shuttle loomed" right on the joint. buckle back. back pocket flyer claims it's 8 oz but it seems a lot heavier.

Dude that sounds interesting, got pics??

aging in rhythm

Reaction score

are these single rinse/washed or raw? selvedge? unfortunately the seller doesnt accept questions... but great price if they are raw selvage!

I have what I believe to be the same pair. They're not selvedge and they're one wash. They stretch a ton too - if you think they might be too small for you then they might actually be just right.
thumbs-up.gif

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
forgot to add that the denim has a great nubby quality to it. random white nips abound.

ispace

Reaction score

I would guess these are women's. Look how low the rise is (compared to the Context pic); I doubt there is any room for any baggage at the front there.

B.

Rayson

Reaction score
not a fan that she doesnt accept questions.

Originally Posted by Froosh
Also hate it when they refuse to provide measurements

I know the sizes are legendarily inconsistent, but I can go with my sense of what seems right based on the RRL I own and average measurements of similar stuff. It's worked out so far about right. I've asked the eBay seller hananasi a couple of quick questions unrelated to size, though, and nothing.

Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
I really like the wool trousers being sold here (not my size):
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=231745

They're incredible. Wish they were my sort of fit too.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
I know the sizes are legendarily inconsistent, but I can go with my sense of what seems right based on the RRL I own and average measurements of similar stuff. It's worked out so far about right. I've asked the eBay seller hananasi a couple of quick questions unrelated to size, though, and nothing.

This works as long as you aren't crossing too many years, as the vanity sizing went from really crazy to just kind of normal for denim. But lately it seems like the sizing has been more consistent.

Originally Posted by Rayson
They're incredible. Wish they were my sort of fit too.

Someone grabbed them already!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Have you tried just using the "contact member" function? I've done that several times with good success. If you click on their user id, it takes you to this screen. http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...d=200513411753
Then just click "Other" and then "Continue", and it will let you type an email to them.

Maybe you already tried that, but just in case...

lol yeah thanks man already tried that haha

appreciate it

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol yeah thanks man already tried that haha

appreciate it

Cool. Was a little worried about sounding pedantic, but thought I'd mention it just in case you didn't realize. I rarely see official question/answer sections on listings these days; I just do this all the time.

Having said that, after emailing, did the seller tell you they refuse to answer questions or did they just not respond?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
so apparently we have one 30 left. someone dropped out of the contest that had a pair on hold.

grab em while you can...........

call the shop today and ask for Kyra or Melissa.

fyi gents ... the last 30 that is available company wide until fall collection drops

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads